RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
b5983b0bfa8e697c1ab93abd6419c398.jpg I'd like to find enough drift wood to try one of these beauties.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning everyone.
Good morning Msbeepbeep, yeah the dehydrated, I tend to forget to drink enough water.
When my sides aka kidneys start hurting lol

Sorry about my midmorning rant.

It is a strange thing, the more I try to strengthen my faith, the more that I am tormented.

I knew from a very early age that I specifically had a mandate from Heaven that I help bring people to the Door.
I can't make that choice for them, just show them the door.
I'm not very good at communicating online, but in person, different story.
Stay the course and hold the line.
Someone has to do it.
Mankind is falling from the Grace at an increasing rate.
Prayers for Chris and anyone else who walks that line.

I love that I can talk openly about my faith here.

Mike.

[FONT=&quot]Plagued By Doubt and Despair?[/FONT]
The Surprising Cure

By Roy Masters

The root of most of your mental torment and suffering lies in childhood self-doubt. Resentment towards your father's failing is no doubt behind the vicious cycle of worry affecting your health. If your father fails you then you may also think that God has failed you.

Spiritually speaking, the father you can see represents the Father you cannot see. Dad has a very heavy responsibility as a heavenly bureaucrat. The faith in his indwelling goodness ought to be a positive influence, a roundabout way of confirming the faith in what you were born to believe. Resenting your father always negatively impacts that faith, severing the connection from the unfolding inner heavenly nature.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Does this apply to you?
To overcome your conditioning, may we recommend
"Be Still and Know"
Learn More
[/FONT]

“Doubting oneself,” is the term we use to describe this life-changing traumatic event.
This struggle between faith and doubt is perpetuated your entire life through rebellion against authority, or, through trusting, putting too much faith in others, hence setting up a special someone to save you. Eventually, resentment toward their emerging faults reinforces the old self-doubt that came from resenting your dad. Resentment in the present towards all those “father’s” you can see, continues to separate you from the Father within that you cannot see. That is what your anxiety and despair is all about.

There are two reasons for the perpetuation of self-doubt, one that springs from the other. The first one is resentment toward look-alike people, places, and things, especially look-alike father figures. The second reason is trusting in another person to save you. This is what leads back again to resentment and despair, because, as you must know by now, they will always fail.

The problems that rise from doubt are extremely complex and dangerous. Fortunately, the cure, if you can grasp it, is extremely simple: forgive your father. You achieve forgiving your father and retrieving faith in God through dropping resentment towards those parent substitutes in the present. Therefore, stop placing your hope for salvation in anyone, because that guarantees cruel disappointments.

Giving up resentment is also pivotal to letting go of past judgments, including the judgment upon your judgment of others that turns into self-judgments. You call it being too hard on yourself.

When you doubted your self as a child, you became wrong and that wrong is ashamed and loath to admit it is wrong. You want so badly to be right.
Well-meaning people, who help build your confidence, only cause more self-doubt, because they are helping you believe in a self that went wrong.
Once upon a time when you believed the lying accusations that you were stupid and crazy, when you really were not, that is when the confusion was planted. Now, when people ridicule or support you they only compound that original confusion.

What follows you now is a conscience that says there is something wrong, but you do not want to listen, because you want to be right so badly. Fortunately, your conscience is not the enemy… it only wants you to awaken.

Because you connect doubting to losing faith and causing everything to go wrong in your life, doubt has become a bad word, for which reason you are afraid to doubt a second time. However, you do need to doubt again, this time to believe that you are wrong, simply because it is the truth that will set you free.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One very reassuring thing in this life, God's people are every where.
You meet them randomly at times at the lest unexpected monent...when your Father knows you need them.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

A classic by Sam Cooke. This is dedicated to the folks on the thread who are still working.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
[FONT="]Plagued By Doubt and Despair?[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial][B]The Surprising Cure[/B][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial][B]By Roy Masters[/B][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]The root of most of your mental torment and suffering lies in childhood self-doubt. Resentment towards your father's failing is no doubt behind the vicious cycle of worry affecting your health. If your father fails you then you may also think that God has failed you.

Spiritually speaking, the father you can see represents the Father you cannot see. Dad has a very heavy responsibility as a heavenly bureaucrat. The faith in his indwelling goodness ought to be a positive influence, a roundabout way of confirming the faith in what you were born to believe. Resenting your father always negatively impacts that faith, severing the connection from the unfolding inner heavenly nature.
[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="][/FONT]
[FONT="][B][URL="http://www.fhu.com/meditation.html"]
bestillproduct.gif
[/URL][/B]
Does this apply to you?
To overcome your conditioning, may we recommend
"Be Still and Know"
Learn More
[/FONT]

“Doubting oneself,” is the term we use to describe this life-changing traumatic event.
This struggle between faith and doubt is perpetuated your entire life through rebellion against authority, or, through trusting, putting too much faith in others, hence setting up a special someone to save you. Eventually, resentment toward their emerging faults reinforces the old self-doubt that came from resenting your dad. Resentment in the present towards all those “father’s” you can see, continues to separate you from the Father within that you cannot see. That is what your anxiety and despair is all about.

There are two reasons for the perpetuation of self-doubt, one that springs from the other. The first one is resentment toward look-alike people, places, and things, especially look-alike father figures. The second reason is trusting in another person to save you. This is what leads back again to resentment and despair, because, as you must know by now, they will always fail.

The problems that rise from doubt are extremely complex and dangerous. Fortunately, the cure, if you can grasp it, is extremely simple: forgive your father. You achieve forgiving your father and retrieving faith in God through dropping resentment towards those parent substitutes in the present. Therefore, stop placing your hope for salvation in anyone, because that guarantees cruel disappointments.

Giving up resentment is also pivotal to letting go of past judgments, including the judgment upon your judgment of others that turns into self-judgments. You call it being too hard on yourself.

When you doubted your self as a child, you became wrong and that wrong is ashamed and loath to admit it is wrong. You want so badly to be right.
Well-meaning people, who help build your confidence, only cause more self-doubt, because they are helping you believe in a self that went wrong.
Once upon a time when you believed the lying accusations that you were stupid and crazy, when you really were not, that is when the confusion was planted. Now, when people ridicule or support you they only compound that original confusion.

What follows you now is a conscience that says there is something wrong, but you do not want to listen, because you want to be right so badly. Fortunately, your conscience is not the enemy… it only wants you to awaken.

Because you connect doubting to losing faith and causing everything to go wrong in your life, doubt has become a bad word, for which reason you are afraid to doubt a second time. However, you do need to doubt again, this time to believe that you are wrong, simply because it is the truth that will set you free.

That says everything that I have been trying to tell the people who try to help me.

Chris.. There is NO coincidence that we have crossed paths.
You're doing exactly what you are supposed to do.
I love you for the kind compassionate driven human that you are.
Every time I find myself teetering on the edge, there you are bringing me back.
I see where I went off the path now.

Without getting too heavy, that's where it started, just like you said.
My Father didn't understand me. No one did. I don't believe that anyone does still.
That caused my life to turn upside down at age 12.
Our neighbors were police officers who I trusted.
They lied to that exceptionally immature, trusting child I was and I ended up away from home for nearly three years.
So much deception and torture endured during that time left me very bitter at a young age towards ANY authority figure, bosses, police, wife...

Three decades later, marky changed all of that.
That it was okay to trust again.
He showed the giant heart that he wears on his sleeve and showed kindness towards a stranger like the Good Samaritan would.. For me.
A long standing, highly decorated police officer, helped me get past, the past.
I consider marky a brother.
I'd take a bullet for him and I'd charge headfirst into a group of zombies to save him!

Ultimately, the older insecure part pushed away the only true friend that I have ever had a side from my best friend, my wife.

I think I've said too much.
I'm not looking for anything other than escaping this strife.
If I can't be happy for myself, I must be for my wife.

Three distinct minds of me said what they had to say.

Mike, mouse and Furious.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
Tom there is no girl:laughing7:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
That says everything that I have been trying to tell the people who try to help me.

My Father didn't understand me. No one did. I don't believe that anyone does still.
They lied to that exceptionally immature, trusting child I was and I ended up away from home for nearly three years.
So much deception and torture endured during that time left me very bitter at a young age towards ANY authority figure, bosses, police, wife...

He showed the giant heart that he wears on his sleeve and showed kindness towards a stranger like the Good Samaritan would.. For me.
I'd take a bullet for him and I'd charge headfirst into a group of zombies to save him!

Ultimately, the older insecure part pushed away the only true friend that I have ever had a side from my best friend, my wife.

Mike, mouse and Furious.

I am speaking to that little child Mike that I recognize in you.Their are problems in my life but those problems DO NOT have me,I observe them and DO NOT try to save myself from them..HE WILL.

If you do nothing RIGHT..you can do nothing WRONG.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm tired.
I haven't slept or ate anything in two days.
My goal is 96 hours... I don't know why though.
I don't know why I am here... Where is here?

Have you ever felt trapped within yourself?
I'm being tormented by demons.
What makes me so important to single out?

Blah on the mega hours of no sleep.
Used to fast and be up 24 hrs . 48 hrs.
Heck , did when working too many hours too , but that was a younger me.
Sleep deprivation worked for introspection and for honing survival mode , but seldom for anything I wanted to see really. In the end , mostly humble regarding anything beyond human realm..
Was not my un normal normal self for sure , if contracts were to be considered at such times It would have been in my best interest to not do so.(!)

Today I sleep. Routine helps. Most mental demons have to wait to wrestle till after. The rare disturbances are easy enough to figure.

Big shifts in weather/pressure like we are having affects my sleep ability. That's about it though.
Stuff (including subliminal data) imputed during the day needs sorted and puzzle questions get worked on a little as time allows.

Don't fret too much about what weighs on you when sleep deprived.
There is a reason it is included in native vision quests. Like being out of your normal element so far that you are not the "normal" you.
The same humble vulnerability and it's affect on your decision making (if decisions should even be considered) will be a world away post conditions/mental environment.

So , don't paint the whole house inside and outside purple till you test a smaller area.:icon_scratch:

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
For once in my life, that part feels secure.
A rare feeling for me.

I understand what this means now.
Psalm 23:3-6
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for thou art with me, thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Amen.

.. I don't have to be trapped, do I..

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
St. Patrick's day Sunday.
Not sure if I should indulge in a green beer on a Sunday. Wouldn't be the first time probably.... Maybe Saturday , but that's not St. Patrick's day.
A near dilemma!

Moms Dad used to play guitar and fiddle.
He married into Irish and so we sang some Irish tunes at gatherings. And there were gatherings!
Horseshoe games were the norm for the menfolk. And beer of course.After a meal though it was usually music time.

Grandpa used to bike many miles in earlier years miles from a homestead in the woods where my Mom was born. , and though he had a car later he walked most the time where possible after leaving the woods life. Recalled stories around him hint of a complicated but simple at the same time character...
Knew that remote woods life well , and city life eventually.
A drunk driver killed him in front of his house when he was crossing the street after work.
Grandma thought she had him off smoking/tobacco. But found some "chew" in his lunch box after his death.

Here's one tune that meant less to a small child as I was then watching him sing it. Means a wee bit more now...

[I wandered today to the hills Maggie
to watch the scene below
the creek and the creaking old mill Maggie
as we used to long long ago

the green grove is gone from the hills Maggie
where first the daisies sprung
the creaking old mill is still Maggie
since you and I were young

they say that I'm feeble with age Maggie
My step are much slower than then
my face is a well written page Maggie
and time all alone was the pen

They say we have outlived our time Maggie
as dated as the songs that we've sung
but to me you're as fair as you were Maggie
when you and I were young]

Last edited:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

Mike, mouse and Furious.

There is nothing I say to you that you already don't know Mike. We are all born into this world with it but..the world GETS into us and tries to put that light out starting with our parents as it was done to them by their parents all the way to back to Paradise lost.

2 Timothy 3:15

John 15:16

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for sharing your story with us.
It's a good thing to remember the good things.
I'm sorry some self centered drunk took him away.

Mike

Life , even death; are what happen while we are making other plans...

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
There is nothing I say to you that you already don't know Mike. We are all born into this world with it but..the world GETS into us and tries to put that light out starting with our parents as it was done to them by their parents all the way to back to Paradise lost.

2 Timothy 3:15

John 15:16

Yeah... But you say it.. I'd not think about it otherwise. Too consumed with the bad stuff.
But, but I'm hoping for change and a happier future.
Thank you.

Mike

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
PBS runs a special on John Denver now and then around fundraising time.
The background to Rocky Mountain High has inspiration from multiple experiences , but a Williams Lake camping trip and watching meteors with friends factored in part...

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah... But you say it.. I'd not think about it otherwise. Too consumed with the bad stuff.
But, but I'm hoping for change and a happier future.
Thank you.

Mike

All that crap in your head is excess baggage the only thing it's going to do is kill you,they are THOUGHTS IMAGINATION NOT REAL

only in your head are they.

That is what this is all about===The Key...Play the Antidote - 7 Minutes to Change How You React Under Stress

Don't struggle with them.Ya we experience a LOT injustices in life and it surely takes us away from that Intuition we are born with

and really screws with our minds loading it up with BAD experiences that we come to HATE. You will come to actually observe your thoughts and POOF...gone,they are not real only in your head,that is NOT where your soul lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread