RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice one :laughing7:

Translation:

"INSEMINATION HALL"
While insemination, It is forbidden to smoke or to distract the bulls with laughter!

11050763_853390071408867_7427517717327730653_n.jpg

ScentedDeadGuppy-small.gif

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Simply LOVE that one! For me the best Meme i´ve ever seen yet and it speaks deep out of my soul :headbang:

Translation:

I will leave this world as same I entered it. Covert with blood and screaming!

60360049_827770854224123_4363579918244642816_n.jpg

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
When I was in the great lakes I saw this burger yacht.......every piece of metal on it is gold plated. Unbelievable !! View attachment 1739736
View attachment 1739737
View attachment 1739738
The guys not even a rap star......some kind of hedge fund guy or something !! That thing ever sinks I'll be the first to dive the wreck. I'll also have a gold plated port hole in every door in my house the next day.

A former friend co-worker moonlighted for a old yacht's owner.
Paid him darned good money for working thick paneling ect...
Never did hear of the thing leaving it's slip. (Must have in winter though. )
Friend was bored with the work.
To each their own I guess...
Can't remember what the yacht was worth , but it was up there.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
So one of our captains was selling his farm in Michigan. A very rich man who owns a famous old folks development in florida walks up with cash and buys it site unseen and the deal is done in record time. His reason for buying......I want to use the climate controlled horse barn so my son can build the biggest grow house in Michigan. This guy will soon have a monopoly on weed growing in Michigan. His son was just another american pot head living on daddies dime. Now with daddies backing he will be the biggest bong baron in the midwest. They buy as many weed operations as they can in an attempt to take over the market and monopolize this barely regulated new market. The little guy has no chance around this kind of capital being thrown around.

A friend was growing before the last legislation passed.
The requirements before even being considered for a grow permit now is crazy $$$.
Plus , license's (read $$$) don't quote me I'm not accurate with so many changes bantered about) for growing. processing,distributing/transporting,selling...

That means having the property and facility to grow and process. And if in the dispensary game to eliminate the middleman ,another place to sell it from.
That's hundreds of grand ,but only a start.

A place I hunted, another friend sold to a potential grower. (Usually a team of investors).
Was paid well too!
The township did not allow a grow after regulations got sorted out amid speculation and now the property is for sale. With a possible split.
Or the buyer did not get a permit. (They are limited by communities.)

My friend teamed with an investor trying to get in on the new regulations. He knew from visiting Cali years ago that a million is peanuts...
The investor wanted him to put his house in the pot for financial leverage.
I suggested my house is the last thing I'd risk, but that it was his business. We have not spoke since. (But should.) I'm gunshy around such dealings being watched by the knowing local and beyond law enforcement that have already bit him by forfeiture law.../We take your cash and stuff and you can sue us in court to get it back.

They go to lots of meetings with community folks for/against allowing a grow or sale.
If one leans towards allowing such , speculators buy facilities.
There are usually multiple potential growers lined up at meetings. When/if a permit or permits will be granted ,they need to have their ducks in a row already to get one.
That's the crazy part creating buying real estate on speculation , and ensures the little$ guy won't be involved.

A cottage industry co-op would benefit more local folks ,but that's not the states interest I guess. Harder to regulate vs easier money .

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Tom,
Did you use ta design signs for tha highway dept. ? 870d7f9f7ab9883c9a1697284ae60a22.jpg :icon_scratch:

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dug a 1948 wheatie. I got my flag up...I'm thinking of painting a regimental emblem on it. (54 VA.)

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Forgot to feed her :censored: yesterday. fe565a17e9625396195d2aafc96de795.gif :tongue3::hello2:

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm looking up Civil War flags to see about buying a repro. I'd like a:

9th Corps. Union Army flag

50th PA. Vol. Flag

VMI Cadets Flag

GMI Cadets Flag

Orphan Brigade Flag

3rd. Mich. Cav. Flag

2nd. KY. Cav. Flag

Confederate 1st. National Banner

Most of these flags do not exist in the repro category, and to do a custom flag is $60 minimum!!

A 9th Corp. Repro flag cost $59.00!! Are you kidding me!?

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Tying a few crappie jigs today. 20190804_120035.jpg Getting ready for this fall. Putting squirrel tail hair on this one.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Tying a few crappie jigs today. View attachment 1739853 Getting ready for this fall. Putting squirrel tail hair on this one.

As kids , "pinkies" ruled the stained water crappie/specs jigs.
Pink heads ,white tails.

Spring warming waters have produced quit a variety (specs,bass,pike) in windblown warmer reedy water.

An old timer at a popular city fishing spot on the river once said you could travel the world with just a white jig and catch fish...He may have been right!

But , lures also catch fisher folks.
I never did buy a mermaid lure , but most every tackle box had to have one at one time around the 1940's and after....

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My grandfather would fillet the crappie and sunnies and pickle them. Best pickled fish ever.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Tying a few crappie jigs today. Getting ready for this fall. Putting squirrel tail hair on this one.

-

You making your own flies? GREAT!! I tried it without any knowledge at the age of 13 and they looked like cockroaches with wings :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread