RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other

Sorry, just to be clear I did not take those pictures. That is just how it looked a few years ago, when it was still nice, before the government put up the blast barriers around it and fenced it off as a precaution to the asylum seekers.

Pretty dumb because the Venetians are very good with racism and not making them feel welcome., so much that there has not been any problems.

So the picture is not my work, just wanted to share it because it used to be that nice.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's some pics of stuff I have cleaned up and just can't bring myself to throw away.

lens.JPG

pattern 1.JPG

pattern 2.JPG

pattern 3.JPG

pattern 4.JPG

tiles.JPG

fluted.JPG

glass 1.JPG

glass 2.JPG

glass 3.JPG

glass 4.JPG

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry, just to be clear I did not take those pictures. That is just how it looked a few years ago, when it was still nice, before the government put up the blast barriers around it and fenced it off as a precaution to the asylum seekers.

Pretty dumb because the Venetians are very good with racism and not making them feel welcome., so much that there has not been any problems.

So the picture is not my work, just wanted to share it because it used to be that nice.

That's all good. They're still awesome pics. Sounds like it wouldn't make a good subject to photo anymore.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

YUP! :laughing7:

We just build some new bases and stuff for the boxes etc. and removed some water damages on the timers of the barn. A lot of work.

Did you get your grant increase? How many boxes are you maintaining and what type of honey?

Few years ago when I was still living in Germany a local police commissioner was an Imker and had some organization he ran for it. It was pretty cool, they assisted with new ones getting granted land from the state, helped with securing the government grants, organized sales and the bio inspection.

I knew this one disabled vet really well, he was one of the many that the US government threw in the trash by medically retiring him in Europe and not sending him home. Or in other words, making him a handicap homeless vet with a pay check overseas, you know, out of US sight and out of mind.

I put him in contact with the Imker, the vet lived on 2 acres he paid for, little solar powered self sustainable farm. He ended up putting 10 boxes on his land, and the Imker helped him with everything involving the grants.

Then about a year after that I was speaking with someone I knew in Zöll in Bayern. He had asked me if I knew anyone that wanted bee boxes because their agency was getting ready to throw away like 400 boxes taken in evidence. It was that crazy case out of Slovakia that was all over the news a few years back. Guess it had closed and they where just then getting around to dumping the stuff since it did not sell at the auction site. I had a 24 foot trailer and a long bed 350 I took down and picked up boxes. These things where new, like brand new with four drawers, stands and some high pitched roof. I was only able to get 66 of them on the truck and trailer.

The Imker got 33 of them and the vet got the other half.

So two weeks ago when I was in Mainz, I drove over to that vets little farm, just to check in with him and chat a little. He said that he still has not gotten his bio approval but that he averages 43 kilograms per box a year and is up to 60 boxes now, but will not further it because of the national tax exemption plus his handicap exemption. He said that his honey is sold about 2 months before he pulls it out and he is currently only getting 12 Euro a kilogram but expects his bio to go through soon.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Did you get your grant increase? How many boxes are you maintaining and what type of honey?

Few years ago when I was still living in Germany a local police commissioner was an Imker and had some organization he ran for it. It was pretty cool, they assisted with new ones getting granted land from the state, helped with securing the government grants, organized sales and the bio inspection.

I knew this one disabled vet really well, he was one of the many that the US government threw in the trash by medically retiring him in Europe and not sending him home. Or in other words, making him a handicap homeless vet with a pay check overseas, you know, out of US sight and out of mind.

I put him in contact with the Imker, the vet lived on 2 acres he paid for, little solar powered self sustainable farm. He ended up putting 10 boxes on his land, and the Imker helped him with everything involving the grants.

Then about a year after that I was speaking with someone I knew in Zöll in Bayern. He had asked me if I knew anyone that wanted bee boxes because their agency was getting ready to throw away like 400 boxes taken in evidence. It was that crazy case out of Slovakia that was all over the news a few years back. Guess it had closed and they where just then getting around to dumping the stuff since it did not sell at the auction site. I had a 24 foot trailer and a long bed 350 I took down and picked up boxes. These things where new, like brand new with four drawers, stands and some high pitched roof. I was only able to get 66 of them on the truck and trailer.

The Imker got 33 of them and the vet got the other half.

So two weeks ago when I was in Mainz, I drove over to that vets little farm, just to check in with him and chat a little. He said that he still has not gotten his bio approval but that he averages 43 kilograms per box a year and is up to 60 boxes now, but will not further it because of the national tax exemption plus his handicap exemption. He said that his honey is sold about 2 months before he pulls it out and he is currently only getting 12 Euro a kilogram but expects his bio to go through soon.

we are just beginners.
2 folks so far - a very large one and a smaller one.
The Honey is just mixed style. Nothing special. Most of the special honey which comes from fields here is in fact from gen-manipulated plants... I don´t wanna eat this crap!
To be honest, it is just a kind of training and testing to look how it works and how much honey we can expect when we move to our Isle (where the entire year is season!). We see it as an additional income there - hopefully.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

we are just beginners.
2 folks so far - a very large one and a smaller one.
The Honey is just mixed style. Nothing special. Most of the special honey which comes from fields here is in fact from gen-manipulated plants... I don´t wanna eat this crap!
To be honest, it is just a kind of training and testing to look how it works and how much honey we can expect when we move to our Isle (where the entire year is season!). We see it as an additional income there - hopefully.

Bee keeping is like first time finding a nugget out shooting.

Being new to it is good, Germany will pay you 500 Euro in your first year plus 80 Euro per box; depending on your state depends on how much land the gemeinder will grant you. That US vet I know got 3300 square meters of forest land that joined his farm for 280 Euro, he had the pick from 9 locations and one was just right there at the forest byy his farm.

I figured that was like super lucky but that Cop said that is exactly what happened to him as well. He had explained that Germany is very friendly towards keepers.

I hear you on that modified stuff, that is so popular to.

Did you see that neews article 2 years ago where Alnatura pulled their honey because that one firm that claimed the honey was all made in Germany got busted. It was some honey that only comes from New Zealand and is black, sells for like 40 Euro per 200 grams. Turns out it was normal honey with food coloring. The LKA had gotten involved for economic crimes violation against that firm, that firm was also selling Bee Pollen out of Croatia, but such Pollen is not legal in Germany. Not even legal in the EU.

If you need help with grants and stuff then contact your local Imker club or PM me and I will run and archive on the stuff I have on file forward it to you. Germany and Italy are the only Proactive EU members right now bending over backwards to deal with this bee problem.

Do you feed your sugar? If you do, then do you make your own sugar to do so.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other