RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got a new relic today. It's a sweet large canister ball/grapeshot from Chancellorsville. The dealer is reputable...at least he should be. I got it from my dad. :laughing7:

I could have it as long as I could clean it up. Currently is is a large clump of rust, more reminiscent of an iron cow patty than a sphere, but I'll show y'all the clean up pics.

Tom could tell you how to deal with that.
Were there any battles near your area? Amazon sells state maps of CW era activity. Pretty neat.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey my friend, you've been around here a while now = tend to agree with you....

You and I have Zero idea what comes next!

You protect me and I'll surely protect you :)

I'm thinkng we are headed to a lot of conflict in the next year. But no one can be sure of what each day may bring.
Tend to agree with you also.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I just got a new relic today. It's a sweet large canister ball/grapeshot from Chancellorsville. The dealer is reputable...at least he should be. I got it from my dad. :laughing7:

I could have it as long as I could clean it up. Currently is is a large clump of rust, more reminiscent of an iron cow patty than a sphere, but I'll show y'all the clean up pics.

Just wondering. If you have a detecting machine like the MXT. Why are you buying relics since you live on or near battle sites? Nothing personal meant. It would kinda take the adventure out of it for me. Guess I just like to dig.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Persimmon salad. 5e770a9f7abaccf70d1caeb39b67c95d.jpg Uck.:laughing7:

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just wondering. If you have a detecting machine like the MXT. Why are you buying relics since you live on or near battle sites? Nothing personal meant. It would kinda take the adventure out of it for me. Guess I just like to dig.

There are two big reasons for that.

One, is that my dad is sick from the side affects of a kidney transplant. My mom refuses to let him drive. They both work all day long, and then my mom drinks at night. I've been asking them to take me to ONE spot, ONE MILE DOWN THE FREAKIN' ROAD, for months now. I get promises, but no deliverance. So...that leaves me to the front yard, and the hay field when it's cut. I went to DIV twice, but we won't be going next year. We can't afford it. That just about broke what little heart I had.

Two, nothing is more rewarding than good ol' American capitalism. Buy a bottle for cheap, sell it for higher than what I put into it, and reward oneself with a nice relic from places I probably will never go.

It really is infuriating to me. We live so close, but it's out of my reach.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Trouble ahead, trouble behind, and don't you know that notion had just crossed my mine"- Grateful Dead

You forgot the name of the song - Casey Jones.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds