RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
quick one - lot to work today...

Do you know RAMBO CAT ?

We HAVE a Rambo cat! Dang thing has chased off skunks, raccoons, other cats, dogs, and even the neighbors cattle (on multiple occasions)! She's over 15 years old now and we just had a young kitten wander in. We're trying to make the kitten feel at home, but Ol' Meanie just will NOT take to the idea!

This kitten sure is a world of difference from the monster cat. From day one, the monster dat's mama abandoned it, so the wife took the thing in and bottle fed and all. Funny thing is, she's hardly ever been able to pet the stupid thing. It only wants to hang with me when I rough-house with it. Acts much more like a dog than any of the 7 dogs we had! Anyway, this new kitten is now starting to stand up for itself as it knows it's welcome here, but I can't get the thing to play or be even the slightest bit aggressive in any way; the exact opposite of what Ol' Meanie has been since the beginning.

I'll tell you how bad it's been. For YEARS we've been wanting to get a new pup; probably a Shepherd mix. Only thing is, this old cat of ours is so mean that we've been afraid to subject a young pup to it. We literally live in the middle of nowhere and there are no neighbors for miles, so it's either live here or live wild - not a lot of difference between the two. We're SO remote that when this mean old she-b!tch goes into heat (never been fixed), there are no other cats around to "please" her. Last time she tried to be friendly to a skunk. Got a load of STINK right in the chest! More than a year later and there's still a hint of yellow stain on her white breast fur. Cat has never had a litter! ...She's so mean that I have (MANY times) taken off after her with a .22 in hand. Have wasted more than 40 rounds on the stupid thing! And no, wasn't trying to 'hit' the cat cause the wife would kill me! But the cat finally learned that when "that time" comes, it needs to wander off for a few weeks. Now she's getting too old to be out in the wild for very long. She's slowed down enough to where even my old hands are faster than her paws-n-claws!

....Sorry, got a bit carried away telling you good folks about our problems. :cussing:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Homemade raspberry pie with a very healthy portion of thicken whip cream. Seriously thinking about the chance of doing seconds. :tongue3:

20180415_153426.jpg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We HAVE a Rambo cat! Dang thing has chased off skunks, raccoons, other cats, dogs, and even the neighbors cattle (on multiple occasions)! She's over 15 years old now and we just had a young kitten wander in. We're trying to make the kitten feel at home, but Ol' Meanie just will NOT take to the idea!

This kitten sure is a world of difference from the monster cat. From day one, the monster dat's mama abandoned it, so the wife took the thing in and bottle fed and all. Funny thing is, she's hardly ever been able to pet the stupid thing. It only wants to hang with me when I rough-house with it. Acts much more like a dog than any of the 7 dogs we had! Anyway, this new kitten is now starting to stand up for itself as it knows it's welcome here, but I can't get the thing to play or be even the slightest bit aggressive in any way; the exact opposite of what Ol' Meanie has been since the beginning.

I'll tell you how bad it's been. For YEARS we've been wanting to get a new pup; probably a Shepherd mix. Only thing is, this old cat of ours is so mean that we've been afraid to subject a young pup to it. We literally live in the middle of nowhere and there are no neighbors for miles, so it's either live here or live wild - not a lot of difference between the two. We're SO remote that when this mean old she-b!tch goes into heat (never been fixed), there are no other cats around to "please" her. Last time she tried to be friendly to a skunk. Got a load of STINK right in the chest! More than a year later and there's still a hint of yellow stain on her white breast fur. Cat has never had a litter! ...She's so mean that I have (MANY times) taken off after her with a .22 in hand. Have wasted more than 40 rounds on the stupid thing! And no, wasn't trying to 'hit' the cat cause the wife would kill me! But the cat finally learned that when "that time" comes, it needs to wander off for a few weeks. Now she's getting too old to be out in the wild for very long. She's slowed down enough to where even my old hands are faster than her paws-n-claws!

....Sorry, got a bit carried away telling you good folks about our problems. :cussing:

NO PROBLEM, that was a great read! That's one serious cat you have there, main problem she hasn't had any lovings. You go 90yrs without I'm sure you're be looking at the skunk twice also. :laughing7:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
still have not seen a pic of AARC's 'alleged" girl

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you see it ?? I found lots of conglomerate with treasure in it last season in the Bahamas. I got very good at seeing the treasure while it was still locked in matrix. I was 90% right with my guesses !! photo-376.JPG never figured out what this was but it was costume jewelry any way. Wreckage was 1890 -1920s photo-375.JPG still an incredible experience to find and restore artifacts like this. photo-378.JPG some sort of religious offering plate or incense burner ? The brass plate disintegrated leaving only the jeweled pieces photo-386.JPG photo-394.JPG photo-392.JPG getting ready to go back to this spot in a few weeks

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-365.JPG I told my partner on this one that I think I see a statuette on the bottom like the one in raiders of the lost arc !! He said your crazy man I dont see it !!! One smack of the hammer and we were both in shock photo-364.JPG it was an early penny bank made of cast iron called a "black mammy" photo-363.JPG the coins were mere chunks of corrosion !! photo-372.JPG photo-371.JPG my partner was shocked that I could tell from the surface that this was something I should pick up. I think his mouth hung open for a long time before he said how did you know that was a statue ? I said that I sure wasnt gonna not check and see !! Always trust your first instinct !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-469.JPG this large piece yeilded a nice gold filled pocket watch !! photo-400.JPG photo-399.JPG photo-410.JPG photo-417.JPG photo-419.JPG just amazing !! Watched my partner swim past this 4 times before I decided I better get it and crack it open to see if anything was in there. Didnt find the watch till the next day while cleaning and cracking conglomerate !!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
NO PROBLEM, that was a great read! That's one serious cat you have there, main problem she hasn't had any lovings. You go 90yrs without I'm sure you're be looking at the skunk twice also. :laughing7:

Unfortunately, this cat is more like a Black Widow. As soon as she gets what she wants, to heck with everyone and everything else! She'd as soon claw your eyes out as let you pet her after she finishes eating!!

Makes me REAL glad I don't live in mountain lion country!! :thumbsup:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-248.JPG
photo-742.JPG photo-589.JPG i got the portholes I dove up this year and took them out of the artifact garden, and started an art piece. photo-798.JPG
photo-800.JPG Screenshot_2018-04-15-23-02-14.png still working on it and thinking about what else to add !! The portholes will definitely have mirrors behind them.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20180415_232126.jpg maybe too much now but you get the idea. Speaking of cats here is irma, our 4 month old bob cat/house cat mix. She can already leap onto the fridge in one bound. She truly is hurricane irma !!! Thrashing everything in site !! Climbing the screens , shredding the toilet paper, breaking glasses and bottles (from my collection) !!! And generally creating chaos wherever she goes. She likes to play fetch, and knock over all the trash cans too. In every room !! She goes to time out when shes really out of control. Time out is our guest room. Most incredible cat ive ever been around !! This one is a genius and a one in a million personality. Her back legs are really long. She looks like a jacked up hot rod with drag slicks, and runs like one too 20180415_232209.jpg you can see that she has to help out with anything your doing.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stupid sideways pics..

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
About the only good things I can say about this monster is, at least she was always very careful when inside ANY building! She knocked something over one time and thought she'd get punished. Nope, just teased a bit. *lol*

As mentioned before, she has also kept other critters away from the house.

Trust me, is much easier to list all of her good qualities than the bad ones! :BangHead:

2018.04.15 - Oatmeal, MAR 2016.jpg

Since a kitten, she refused to ever use a litter box. Always wanted to go outside REGARDLESS of -40F, hard rain, or tornadic winds!

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Blak Bart,

you detected the Woodstock festival area ?? :laughing7: :laughing7:

Attachments

• photo-394.JPG
    photo-394.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 46

Tom_Restorer