RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's a laugh for you.

I detected a different area of the farm yesterday. It took me 2 hours to get the farm post out of the ground. I did find another horse shoe. And a couple what is it's and a puzzle.

DSCN6824.JPG

DSCN6826.JPG

DSCN6825.JPG

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm outta hear. I'm going to see if I can spot this guy. He hasn't been around for a couple of days.

DSCN6712.JPG

Have a blessed day!

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garage sale score. Had to have it.
View attachment 1623289

WD asked if they are digging up a grave. Why is it okay for Archies to disturb graves and tombs?
My grandfather used to hunt at night with hounds. Possums and such would often run into holes and one way to get them out was to put a stick in the hole and turn it to entangle the tip in fur and hide,and then pull the creature out. Times were hard.
One night the hounds ran something into a hole. So Grandpa got on his knees and went to work with a stick. He started pulling long black hairs out of the hole but no critter.
He get up and looks aroubd with the old lantern and realized he was in an old graveyard. He left in a hurry.
Probably outran the hounds easily even in the dark.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Activities for children". Hey kids,let's go dig up a grave!

Ya.........probably get the call from the teachers !! Its to big for him so daddy will ware it metal detecting !!!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WD asked if they are digging up a grave. Why is it okay for Archies to disturb graves and tombs?
My grandfather used to hunt at night with hounds. Possums and such would often run into holes and one way to get them out was to put a stick in the hole and turn it to entangle the tip in fur and hide,and then pull the creature out. Times were hard.
One night the hounds ran something into a hole. So Grandpa got on his knees and went to work with a stick. He started pulling long black hairs out of the hole but no critter.
He get up and looks aroubd with the old lantern and realized he was in an old graveyard. He left in a hurry.
Probably outran the hounds easily even in the dark.

Man, thats crazy !!! Oooops !!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bart/Hillbilly Prince,

Unfortunately in today's PC world kids are subject to way to much shielding and protection. How are they ever going to grow up and be responsible adults if they're not given a chance to just be kids....:tongue3::tongue3::tongue3:

Here's a couple of kids toys that I found. 1st one is a toy cannon from a circa 1920's school and yes they would actually put gunpowder in it and shoot it....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

2nd one is a lead soldier not certain of the era but would say 1950's or earlier.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Either one of those items brought to school would probably get a kid suspended today.

Attachments

• lead soldier.jpeg
    lead soldier.jpeg
    3 KB · Views: 33
  • dsc01506 (2).jpeg
    dsc01506 (2).jpeg
    21.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I should've put "lol" after that grave remark. It's a pirate shirt. And I am kind of in agreement with HP, the archies do it. I have 40 graves out here. I would be lying if I said the thought of digging one up "just to see" hadn't crossed my mind. But it would be disrespectful so I don't.

I will be satisfied digging up fence posts. :laughing7:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Bill, they can't even carry their pocket knives to school here. There's a lot of farmer kids. They all have pocket knives. They get suspended if they get caught.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
got my display case up for my banner find and that military button P1100394.JPG P1100392.JPG P1100395.JPG

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250, whites gold master 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This video has to be a fake

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a beautiful display of the Southern Banner find! I might just have to settle for buying one. Congratulations

those medals are worth a good bit of money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread