RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Tom,

I can relate....I was just reminded today is payday which means I transfer money from my account to the household account.

There's already more money in there than Fort Knox......:laughing9::laughing9::laughing9: And I get the crumbs for my personal expenses if you see me with a cup on the corner toss in a few coins ok....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

I know what you mean Buddy!!

I also get some bucks from time to time to buy what I need. Just look what I bought 5 years ago - nearly brand new shoes! A homeless guy made a flea market sale and I was quick enough to pick them up!!!

:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Attachments

• 138a09aeca1cdd0b7f12012214f851dc.jpg
    138a09aeca1cdd0b7f12012214f851dc.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 40

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys , good morning !!

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys, now you can imagine WHAT the black hole in the middle of our galaxy is!! :tongue3:

I mean, I must have one in the middle of my home where all my money disappears................ :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

(Time to get the next slap from WD LOL)
Where is this black hole? I need to investigate.
I know what you guys mean about monry. My brother has forgotten what money looks like. His wife needs to finance her collection of cute blouses, cute shoes,and other cute apparel. Neither one of them have any idea of how to budget. At least she will be dressed well when they end up under a bridge :)

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hillbilly Prince,

Not sure if it's still in print or not but one of the best books on budgeting I ever read is just a small paperback written in parables.

You can probably track it down used on the internet. It's called "The richest man in Babylon". For simple and practical principles anyone can use to get their finances in order.

Well worth the effort to track it down.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hillbilly Prince,

Not sure if it's still in print or not but one of the best books on budgeting I ever read is just a small paperback written in parables.

You can probably track it down used on the internet. It's called "The richest man in Babylon". For simple and practical principles anyone can use to get their finances in order.

I heard if that book. It is available on Amazon. Some guy who has a little radio program touting annuities mentions it often. Glad you mentioned it because I had forgotten all about it.
Getting my brother to read it would be another matter :)

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Tonight we're having cabbage rolls sort of.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

We're actually using leaves from our brussel sprout plants instead of cabbage leaves and instead of the traditional ground beef or ground pork we're going with ground turkey. It does have the tomato sauce, etc....so should be pretty good.

Don't know about the rest of you folks but we end up stockpilling way to much food when it's on special so we've promised ourselves to flush out food we have in our freezer, fridge and pantry as well as some storage shelves under our basement steps.

We probably have enough to wait out a nuclear attack.....:laughing9::laughing9::laughing9:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Mr Bean-Steak Tartare.

I only had it once actually about 3 in the morning served to me by a guy originally from Germany. We were both a bit in our cups at the time after way to many beers....:laughing9::laughing9::laughing9:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

I've always believed the human body was meant to be active not setting around all day.

This video kind of proves my theory....imagine making it to that age let alone being that agile....

holepuncher

Oct 5, 2014
Amboy Wa.
Detector(s) used
AT Pro. Equinox.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hillbilly Prince,

Wow you mean there are books that tell you how to get your money spending under control. I learned that a long time back. Just 7 letters (divorce) I was putting money into savings and no bills in 3 months. The old saying it’s cheaper to keep her must have been made up by a woman. Don’t get me wrong, I like women but I don’t want to marry another one.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow you mean there are books that tell you how to get your money spending under control. I learned that a long time back. Just 7 letters (divorce) I was putting money into savings and no bills in 3 months. The old saying it’s cheaper to keep her must have been made up by a woman. Don’t get me wrong, I like women but I don’t want to marry another one.
The problem is that you have to take a huge leap of faith. And too often you learn you married a banshee.
Goes both ways but for heaven's sake it is so hard to trust women. Which means you are going to miss out on a good one.
I stayed single too long and the longer you get used to not having to ask permission to use your money as you wish,and not having to compromise,the harder it is to take a chance.
Too many guys and girls also settle for someone who is really not marriage material because they are lonely.
O well.

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
need good all around boots,been buying big 5 junk,cant afford red wings.
me and my hurting feet thanks you all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread