RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Bill, my wife is Italian so I hear stories all the time. Years ago, when I was a branch manager for a company, our owner's wife was Italian, her maiden name was Ferrari and was related to the Ferrari in Italy. Once a year her mom would visit our warehouse on her way to see her daughter. Just before arrival time I would get a call from our owner asking me nicely to remove ALL my Lamborghini pictures. He loved irritating his mother in law, but it was the wrath from his wife that was unbearable. Then there was a time that our company held a manager's meeting at our branch in Louisiana. It was about 10:00 or 11:00 p.m. and the 7 other branch managers and the owner were sitting at a round table in the middle of the bar when the back door opened. Standing there was a guy built exactly like Odd Job from the James Bond movies, except this guy definitely looked Italian. As he stood in the door way the smell of death filled the room. I kid you not, it was overwhelming. Then he came over to our table and our owner stood up and introduced this stranger to us as his wife's honest to goodness "God Father". The guy sat down at the table and the owner asked what brought him there. The guy said his "God daughter" called him and said her husband was going to go to Louisiana and that he should stop in. All we knew was that this "God father" lived somewhere in the bayou and he even joked, ( I hope ), about the bayou being the ideal place to "Disappear". Was he referring to himself or his victims ? Nobody asked and we just sat there being quiet. It was a nerve wracking couple of hours until he left. Those guys are for real.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Mine, too! I was looking for a "jumping for joy" emoji. Came across this one and said, "Perfect!"
============
You showed "Good taste" Wrightdigger ! exploding fist bump.gif

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I drink coffee 24-7, Simon. Do you got any suggestions for a good brand? I am search of that taste you get in diners :)
=============
Sorry HBP, I have mine trucked in so I don't know how they make it :icon_scratch:
2015-09-22 06_04_07-Memes Archives - Page 27 of 187 - Humoar.com - Your Source For MOAR Humor!.png I have had ulcers since I was 15 years old so my coffee is "medium" blend or less. The restaurant coffee kills my stomach every time. I believe Tom drinks the coffee that you have to cut with a knife. He has posted pics before of it being fed to him intravenously, much the same way I do with my Mountain Dew.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=============
Did you get them ? I have no use for them but I would still have bought them. ( Pontoons for my raft ? ) For $ 5.00 they would make for a good target for target practice.

Yeah I bought them.:) They will come in handy for a lot of uses

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1630763
LOL the Cobra gets the pass. seat :)
===============
That Cobra looks neat, was that one of those we saw on the internet and you liked or did you find one locally I bet other Cobra owners would be interested in them as well, they could even paint them to match their car. :dontknow:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
So what year do you think this thing is GB ? I don't even see a gas tank, yet I saw it running.
Real Old School.jpg

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I debated liking that last post because...well because. You were being sassy lol. I am going back and forth betweecn Missy and Heifer. Heifer is actually a term of affection but mostly between women so I guess not. Like calling your guy buddy a dog. Down here anyway.
I don't know about My Lady. The thing is, it's like naming a pet. It has to come to you. I got a few ideas.
I would go back and like your walleye but that seems like a lot of trouble.
Anyway here is more of that girl. I like the way she seems to truly enjoy talking to her audience.

Heifer is not a term of affection for us northern girls.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
===============
That Cobra looks neat, was that one of those we saw on the internet and you liked or did you find one locally I bet other Cobra owners would be interested in them as well, they could even paint them to match their car. :dontknow:

It was a gift from a friend.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folks,

An interesting article on the beginnings of the mafia.

https://aeon.co/essays/how-a-growing-market-for-citrus-fruit-spawned-the-mafia

Bill, this was very fascinating. How do you find this stuff? I kind of wander the net diving down one rabbit hole after another.
I noticed something. Sicily was dominated by many different cultures throughout its history. I bet it would be metal detecting paradise as well as a great place to find any number of relics.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=============
Sorry HBP, I have mine trucked in so I don't know how they make it :icon_scratch:
View attachment 1630896 I have had ulcers since I was 15 years old so my coffee is "medium" blend or less. The restaurant coffee kills my stomach every time. I believe Tom drinks the coffee that you have to cut with a knife. He has posted pics before of it being fed to him intravenously, much the same way I do with my Mountain Dew.

I don't like strong coffee at all. Think I am going with an old fashioned percolator.
You made me think. I need to start hoarding coffee or if things go south I might be a highwayman holding up folks for their coffee :)

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't like strong coffee at all. Think I am going with an old fashioned percolator.
You made me think. I need to start hoarding coffee or if things go south I might be a highwayman holding up folks for their coffee :)

One of those food storage containers that RTR has would be good start for the coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread