RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Did you by chance mean Damascus blades?? ...Or are they the same thing?

There are lots of videos on how to make your own Damascus blades. Doesn't require a lot of investment. Can use charcoal furnace with a blower to heat up the steel, then pound with hammer, then repeat....many times.

Takes practice though to learn how to properly temper the steel afterwards. That's gonna be my most difficult thing to learn. However, having welding experience will help with that.

Sorry, didn´t know the English term. You are right - it is the same!

Btw: Hands off from this cheap Pakistani Damascus blade which are more and more to find on the web to buy! They look simple fantastic but the quality is worse than only bad!

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Folks,

AARC I'm sure is aware of the python problem in Florida heck they're even brought in a few hunters from India to help get things under control.

Burmese Pythons in Florida ????
Unbelievable how aggressive they are in nature.
I had one of this long time ago and it was my largest with 4.5 meters but also the tamest one. In fact a real Teddy Bear :laughing7:
Luck you don´t have an reticulatus problem!! Those are not only the largest but also the most aggressive ones I know!

Attachments

• World's-Biggest Snake-Reticulated-python.jpg
    World's-Biggest Snake-Reticulated-python.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 45

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning ARC!

Feeling better today? Still back pain ?

I have to go to sleep now. In a few minutes. ...or in half an hour :laughing7:

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning ARC!

Its 9:09 PM.

Just got back a bit ago.

Long day. very

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning ARC!

Its 9:09 PM.

Just got back a bit ago.

Long day. very

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well, unfortunately, you also have to be careful about carrying knives in the USA. While it may be "legal", just as with detecting, there's lotsa folks who'd just as soon call the cops and have you thrown under the jail for doing nothing wrong, then to RISK allowing someone the personalized freedom of carrying a knife. For me, knives have always been tools; NOT weapons! I see most firearms as tools as well. Funny....claw hammers kill more people per year than guns owned by "legal" and "normal" gun owners, yet hammers are OK. Same with bath tubs. Oh, and PLEASE never mention those OH!-so-evil automobiles!! :laughing7:

...Maybe it's cause most folks with hammers don't go wearing them to town?? ...Maybe I should start! :occasion14:

Keene's claim about hammers, however, is wrong. And it's not even close. In 2012, 8,855 people were murdered by firearms, according to the FBI's numbers. By comparison, 518 people were murdered by blunt objects (defined not just as hammers, but clubs and other similar items too).

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other

This is the knife I used in my "early" life (as interior decorator) and carried it always on my belt. This is now forbidden too! You have to put it in a locked box until you are on the place you work! Is n´t it crazy?
Guess too many carpet layers and interior decorators or painters run amok in the last 100 years LOL

What insanity!! :BangHead:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Keene's claim about hammers, however, is wrong. And it's not even close. In 2012, 8,855 people were murdered by firearms, according to the FBI's numbers. By comparison, 518 people were murdered by blunt objects (defined not just as hammers, but clubs and other similar items too).

Wrong? OH?!?!? Did I happen to mention that I was referring to "legally owned" firearms?? ...Owned by "normal" gun owners?? Sorry, but most of the shootings each year are made using stolen firearms, and are often gang or drug or alcohol related. There are other reasons as well, but they "all" fall in the STUPID IDIOT category. :3some:

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Doesn´t he looks nice, and cute, and cuddly, with his beautiful large yellow eyes? ?

HELL NO!!!

This guys are as same aggressive as the reticulatus but much faster and the tooth are very bent backwards, so if he catch you..... OUCH!

Still have scars on my right hand from one of this Ba§$/(&%$$ .....

Back than I thought it is a good idea to buy a pair of this corallus caninus and sell the babies for 900 $ each (they drop approx 40 eggs!!) . Unfortunately they chose their partners and you can not put two of them together and hope you get a lot of juniors to sell them and get rich... Wasted money and a wasted hand... :laughing7:

Attachments

• depositphotos_10869468-stock-photo-emerald-tree-boa-corallus-caninus.jpg
    depositphotos_10869468-stock-photo-emerald-tree-boa-corallus-caninus.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Wrong? OH?!?!? Did I happen to mention that I was referring to "legally owned" firearms?? ...Owned by "normal" gun owners?? Sorry, but most of the shootings each year are made using stolen firearms, and are often gang or drug or alcohol related. There are other reasons as well, but they "all" fall in the STUPID IDIOT category. :3some:

In germany there are ZERO crimes with legal owned weapons! just approx 6 suicides but this doesn´t count in my opinion.
Ok... all 10 or 20 years a guy shots his wife with a legal owned weapon but you also can´t count that at all... I mean there must be a reason to do that :laughing7:

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Is it an antique one? Nice!

Here is a quick photo. Hope there are no reflections... made the photo just in pants :laughing7:

Attachments

• IMG_6597.JPG
    IMG_6597.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 35

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
ARC,

I bet the one on your photo is much sharper than mine. You can easy cut paper with it (and the Katana) in very small slices but a blade can be much sharper than this!

I would like to have them like this!

I may give them to this guy. He is wold champion in Knife sharpening.

Watch from 5:33 Now THATS sharp !! :laughing7:

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one pictured is a very old wakizashi.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other

Hi Jim!!

I would like to see a real statistic! I bet everything that most kills was done by criminals or inside the criminal scene (gangs etc.).
How many kills with legal owned firearms? After the ones get dropped from statistic who did mass shootings on psychotropic medication! :laughing7:

Guys, I must sleep now. (did I real said that ? :icon_scratch: ) :laughing7:

See ya tomorrow!!

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
The one pictured is a very old wakizashi.

Yours?

Looks on the pic like a Tanto.
I regret that I bought a Katana. Much to long, heavy and bad to handle... A Wakizashi would have been much better.

ok, now it real bed time for me!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, my neighbors are celebrating 60 years of marital bliss. Tomorrow we're having a special dinner.
Imagine that, 60 years,, just amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread