RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WD,

Since I was in Transportation I'm quite familiar with Canada Steamship Lines actually it was owned by Paul Martin a former Prime Minister of Canada. He put it in trust when he was in politics to avoid a conflict of interest.

Hey, Bill, I have a pick for you from our fishing trip on Labor Day weekend. Yeah, I think about you guys even when I am not online.

View attachment 1631975

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Did I ever get around to telling you guys the story about the one wounded hero that had a life transformation at the Walleyes for Wounded Heroes event? I honestly can't remember and I don't want to repeat myself. :tongue3:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WD,

Your desk looks like a scene from Helter Skelter....:laughing9::laughing9::laughing9:

Actually when I was still working mine wasn't much better. Pretty much everything I worked on was in the computer but being old school I'd print up copies of anything I had to work on.

So when I was going into the home stretch I got my hands on one of those huge corrugated barrels on wheels to clean things up. My boss was in town on my last week and went into a panic when she say me tossing various papers into the bin.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

I told her to relax everything I was tossing was just a paper copy of what was already stored on our computer system online...oh yeah she had an MBA and was much younger than me.....I had to bite my tongue.....:laughing9::laughing9::laughing9:

So when I retired this was the new generation that was left in charge.....It kind of makes me glad I'm not around anymore.....the aggrivation would have drove me batty....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

LOL! That would be funny. No, he wasn't there yet. I have had a hectic year with my mom's health. So I am way behind in making sure my i's are dotted and my t's are crossed. The CPA will be in the last week just to get good of an idea as he can of where we are at so he/we can plan accordingly. We are private company so CPA don't scare me none. If I don't have things posted in the proper accounts, it makes a huge difference in our taxes, and we want to be prepared to cover them. Plus, my office looks like a bomb hit.

Last edited:

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
one of my latest works

Attachments

• 54321.jpg
    54321.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 28

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
WD,

Your desk looks like a scene from Helter Skelter....:laughing9::laughing9::laughing9:

Actually when I was still working mine wasn't much better. Pretty much everything I worked on was in the computer but being old school I'd print up copies of anything I had to work on.

So when I was going into the home stretch I got my hands on one of those huge corrugated barrels on wheels to clean things up. My boss was in town on my last week and went into a panic when she say me tossing various papers into the bin.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

I told her to relax everything I was tossing was just a paper copy of what was already stored on our computer system online...oh yeah she had an MBA and was much younger that me.....I had to bite my tongue.....:laughing9::laughing9::laughing9:

So when I retired this was the new generation that was left in charge.....It kind of makes me glad I'm not around anymore.....the aggrivation would have drove me batty....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

-

Bill, that´s MY desk!! :laughing7:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
WD,

I told her to relax everything I was tossing was just a paper copy of what was already stored on our computer system online...oh yeah she had an MBA and was much younger that me.....I had to bite my tongue.....:laughing9::laughing9::laughing9:

LOL. That's really not my office, but it sure does look like that! We save all the hard copies too! And some of our vendors send 2 copies and email! But the worst is the credit card receipts! They have to be sorted and matched and copied (because they fade), just in case we should ever get audited.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool. Tell us more!

-

Egypt, 18 Dynasty between reign of Hatchepsut and Amenophis III.

Cedar wood and inlaid glass eyes. Mask of a sarcophagus lid. Formerly covert with stucco on a linen base and painted but there was only traces of it remaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread