RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Mister T, sorry I have not answered. I am still catching up on all the posts I missed, you guys sure were busy !. See many nice posts.

No problem Buddy! Knew you was looking at all first!! :icon_thumright:

Last edited:
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G night peeps...

Gold the fart down.

Err fort.

:P

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• village-people-biker-costume.jpg
    village-people-biker-costume.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

This heavy tune by Iron Butterfly was supposed to be called "In a Garden of Eden" but as it turned out the singer turned up at the studio so stoned it came out different so they left it in the recorded version...lol.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
This was before you and ARC's time, Hang on Sloopy by the McCoys. Wobble wobble. :icon_thumright:

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice one Bill but Simon gets a triple like because his has more "wobble"! :laughing7:

From now on I rate music videos only in wobbles ! (from 0 to 10)

Because the long hair in your video you got a 3 :occasion14:

Simon, yours get just an 8 because the short was too long :icon_thumleft:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Folks,

This heavy tune by Iron Butterfly was supposed to be called "In a Garden of Eden" but as it turned out the singer turned up at the studio so stoned it came out different so they left it in the recorded version...lol.
=============
I was one of the first drummers in our area that could do the song. Having a double drum set made it easier. Miss those days. Traveling around and playing. After Woodstock became such a hit, many "mini" Woodstocks sprung up. Those were fun and R and X rated. duct tape.png We had a tour bus, OLD converted school bus. Speaking of school bus. Once upon a time Steppenwolf and Iron Butterfly were H U G E and drew volumes of crowds. I can remember them coming to our city to play and how shocked I was to see that their tour bus was Old, ( I mean OLD ), converted Greyhound buses. Where did all their money go, oh yes, I remember now . Poof !

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Tom, that girl in the video I posted was married to the lead singer of the band being shown. She was a looker !. That Lead singer was playing with Ringo Starr last I heard, so he is not dead. I saw a picture of that girl, ( his ex-wife ), and she must have gotten into drugs because she did not look good. You wonder just what would have happened if they did not abuse drugs and alcohol.
A week or so after my high school graduation my best friend wanted me to pack up and go with him to California and get into the music scene out there. I had already enrolled in college and so I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. My best friend said he would move out and get a place and some jobs lined up and call me. He eventually came back home. He got hooked into the drug scene through music. He came back and had hepatitis. Was in need of a liver transplant but never made it and passed. This guy was so talented. Shortly after Jimmi Hendrix became popular, my friend was able to perform every one of Hendrix's song as well as he could play the guitar behind his head. This guy was a magician on musical instruments. R.I.P. Don :notworthy:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other

Tom, at 1:50 she takes off her cap and lets her long blonde hair down. I did not realize the link I sent you she did not take off her cap and dance. She was cute.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Tom, that girl in the video I posted was married to the lead singer of the band being shown. She was a looker !. That Lead singer was playing with Ringo Starr last I heard, so he is not dead. I saw a picture of that girl, ( his ex-wife ), and she must have gotten into drugs because she did not look good. You wonder just what would have happened if they did not abuse drugs and alcohol.
A week or so after my high school graduation my best friend wanted me to pack up and go with him to California and get into the music scene out there. I had already enrolled in college and so I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. My best friend said he would move out and get a place and some jobs lined up and call me. He eventually came back home. He got hooked into the drug scene through music. He came back and had hepatitis. Was in need of a liver transplant but never made it and passed. This guy was so talented. Shortly after Jimmi Hendrix became popular, my friend was able to perform every one of Hendrix's song as well as he could play the guitar behind his head. This guy was a magician on musical instruments. R.I.P. Don :notworthy:

Sad story!
The TV just showing the 70s as a fun time and that everything was great but in fact it looks the different way if I read this story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread