RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Its a hobby,never made a lot in any of my hobbies.But the table cost about $100.00 total to make.Gold right now is around $1,200 per oz.So around 1/10 of an oz. would cover the cost of building the table.How long would it take ? All depends on the quality of the gold concentrate material.Might take a week,month,OR a few Good tablespoons :):)

-

I saw on german ebay that people sell a few grain of gold from different areas like the "Rheingold" for huge money. Seems there are mineral collectors out there who collect this stuff!

I saw some grain of flakes gone for same price as a full gram!

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-

I saw on german ebay that people sell a few grain of gold from different areas like the "Rheingold" for huge money. Seems there are mineral collectors out there who collect this stuff!

I saw some grain of flakes gone for same price as a full gram!

Can you send info on that ?

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Sis........ you have gold in SW Ohio .You just got to get OFF that fishing boat long enough to find some :)
>> Gold Panning and Prospecting Creeks in Ohio - RareGoldNuggets.com
>>>

Now there you went and stirred up that fever again! (Cue video, Bill) Last year I bought some stuff and got a free panning kit with it. When I watched the video and learned about that black sand, I got all kinds of excited. I told BuckIdgr, we have black sand so we might find gold! Then, another friend came over and burst my bubble. He told me that our creeks were created from field tiles/drainage and that we weren't going to find anything. I found it hard to believe because I couldn't see the landscape being eroded so deeply in so few years. Mr WD said that they may be fed by field tiles now, but there was some sort of original creek bed. I went out a few times with the little kit. LOL! Wouldst be very difficult to recover itty bitty flakes!

Oh, when I say I am from SW Ohio, I am going by this map:

ohioregions.gif

I have heard of gold being found in the southern part of the SW. I am in the northern half of the SW.

Last edited:

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Can you send info on that ?

-

Forgotten.

Because customs you have to hold it under 40$!
If you send them in a normal letter, packed in a small zipper plastic bag, you can also hold shipping cost low! I think people here will buy it!
Don´t be greedy as all other sellers and make it attractive for collectors to buy.
Most selling just a few tiny flakes that you only can spot under a microscope and that have no worth at all :laughing7:

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gold boy,

Just use the 3B formula.

One of coworkers years ago was a brain he had an MBA back in the 1970's which was a rarity back then and was also quite the eccentric. I asked him one time what he did when he had his work questioned by the higher ups.....he said no problem just use the 3B formula. When I asked him what it was he said..."Bu_ _ls_it baffles brains"....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

yep doing that this morning with a science test on micro biology. I don't understand it one bit

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting