Random junk, but my 1st ever random junk!

MKW

Feb 3, 2020
Coastal SC
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 600
ML Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I decided a while back that I wanted to get into metal detecting. After lots of research, I ordered the new MineLab Vanquish 540. It came today and I couldn't get it together fast enough. I headed down to a newly cleared (old growth woods) lot in my neighborhood. It about an hours time, I had a little pile of junk. I'm pretty excited because I've never had a detector in my hands. First find was part of a spoon. I ended up with the spoon, part of some old scissors, a 50cal shell casing, 2 square nails, and a random hunk of iron. There are several targets that I couldn't dig because they had the depth meter pegged out and I only had a very small garden shovel with me. I'll
go back more prepared tomorrow.

IMG_0678 (Medium).JPG
IMG_0677 (Medium).JPG

Upvote 20

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!! Congrats!!

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck. Once you get hooked, there's no turning back.:laughing7:

Harrison

Jan 14, 2020
Where the treasure is
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love your finds. I absolutely love finding things - historical or not- still treasures to me! I still remember my first penny dug, the fact I found money in the earth was so cool to me! Then my first civil war bullet I thought I was going to cry. Itโ€™s been about 2months for me now and Iโ€™ll I can think about is hunting. Before I go to bed I think of new spots, when I sleep I dream of discovering, and when I wake I go out and hunt. Itโ€™s addictive! I wish you the best of luck.

desmobob

Apr 10, 2005
upstate NY -- Lake George region
Detector(s) used
XP Dฤ“us, White's DFX, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a load of fun, isn't it? During my first summer of detecting, I had a sudden realization of how exciting it was to me to find even a penny. Just seeing a coin in the hole was actually exciting. What other hobby could make finding a simple little penny so much fun?

Enjoy your new detector in good health!

OP
OP
MKW

MKW

Feb 3, 2020
Coastal SC
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 600
ML Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, yall. It was amazing how excited I was when I dug that old rusty spoon in the first hole. Then, then the rifle casing was even more exciting. I have no idea what it was doing there and it was about 5" deep.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on starting out in the hobby. Prepare yourself for more a lot more "random Junk" as you described it, before your detecting career is over. If your not digging junk, you will miss a lot of good finds.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's how it's done you will dig lots of junk before the goodies come and they will. Make a coin test garden to learn the tones and get a coin book it will help alot. Good job keep posting. Tommy

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Mi. Tommy

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats! For your first time those are great finds. Somebody was there a long time ago so keep looking.

OP
OP
MKW

MKW

Feb 3, 2020
Coastal SC
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 600
ML Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, today at the same place, I found an axe head, 2 more 50cal bullets (I really have no idea why these are there), a key, a buckle, a modern broadhead, a piece of lead, a piece of copper, 2 shotshell bases, and a square nail.
I'm going to go back one more time, but I believe I have about covered it because it's only about 1/2 acre.
Thanks for all the encouragement!

IMG_0684 (Medium).JPG

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice job, keep up the good work! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread