RANDOM PICTURE THREAD - Post ANY of your favorite pictures here to share with Tnet...

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
image.jpeg

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Name my Puppy.

Attachments

• whenyou.jpg
    whenyou.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 74

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Liver Eating Johnson was a mountain man/fur trapper. His Native American wife, a member of the Flathead Tribe was killed by warriors of the Crow Nation. Johnson went on a vendetta against the Crows, and supposedly killed and ate the livers of 300 members of the Crow tribe. Anyone interested in finding out more on this subject can check out these links. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liver-Eating_Johnson Or this one, https://www.damninteresting.com/liver-eating-johnson/
During the 1880's Johnson was the first town constable of Red Lodge, Montana, and here are a couple of pictures of his house in Red Lodge. Some accounts say he never ate the livers, he just faked it, but his reputation served him well as a cop. He was dealing with tough coal miners, and I guess they did what he asked, fearing the consequences if they didn't.
View attachment 1328912

View attachment 1328914

Red lodge assignment came after visiting Leadville and meeting
Griener (sp.?) and seeing how he handled things.
In a book....the youth and behaving citizens thought well enough of Johnston.
Quite a powerful character though.
One non Crow liver, alleged to have served a different purpose in avenging /remembering Pete in Canada.......Dell Gue supposed to have seen the results, but that must have been after Johnston returned..

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Brutus Thorad Soloman" :occasion14:

Attachments

• whenyou.jpg
    whenyou.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 70
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Brutus Thorad Soloman" :occasion14:

Ok ... is that "official"... ? Is that gonna be his full name... >?
If so...
I like it.

***ARC starts calling the dog ... "here buddy"... "here boy".... "come boy"... "Come Bruto-thoro-man"

Brutothoroman works.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Liver Eating Johnson was a mountain man/fur trapper. His Native American wife, a member of the Flathead Tribe was killed by warriors of the Crow Nation. Johnson went on a vendetta against the Crows, and supposedly killed and ate the livers of 300 members of the Crow tribe. Anyone interested in finding out more on this subject can check out these links. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liver-Eating_Johnson Or this one, https://www.damninteresting.com/liver-eating-johnson/
During the 1880's Johnson was the first town constable of Red Lodge, Montana, and here are a couple of pictures of his house in Red Lodge. Some accounts say he never ate the livers, he just faked it, but his reputation served him well as a cop. He was dealing with tough coal miners, and I guess they did what he asked, fearing the consequences if they didn't.
View attachment 1328912

View attachment 1328914

I read the book.....good read!!:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread