RANDOM PICTURE THREAD - Post ANY of your favorite pictures here to share with Tnet...

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I've heard rumors about your "map room" but after seeing your "Gold room ", I can't wait for a peek . 1.jpg

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
170327160628-200-lb-gold-coin-stolen-germany-kinkade-pkg-00003520-full-169.jpg
[h=1]Massive gold coin worth millions stolen from German museum[/h]https://www.apnews.com/64012f2949bb...n=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

BERLIN (AP) — Thieves broke into the German capital's Bode Museum before dawn Monday and made off with a massive 100-kilogram (221-pound) gold coin worth millions of dollars, police said. Police spokesman Stefen Petersen said thieves apparently entered through a window about 3:30 a.m. Monday, broke into a cabinet where the "Big Maple Leaf" coin was kept, and escaped with it before police arrived.

A ladder was found by nearby railway tracks. The three-centimeter (1.18-inch) thick coin, with a diameter of 53 centimeters (20.9 inches), has a face value of 1 million Canadian dollars ($750,000). By weight alone, however, it would be worth almost $4.5 million at market prices.

Petersen would not comment on whether authorities had surveillance video of the crime, but said police assume more than one person was involved because of the weight of the coin.mmThe museum says the coin is in the Guinness Book of Records for its purity of 999.99/1000 gold. It has a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II on one side and maple leaves on the other.

It was produced in limited quantities by the Royal Canadian Mint to promote a new line of its Gold Maple Leaf bullion coins in 2007. It has been on display at the Bode Museum, on Berlin's Museum Island, since December 2010. Berlin museums spokesman Markus Farr said the coin is on loan from a private collection, but would not elaborated. Detectives specialized in crimes involving art are investigating.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
What we use for 3D and normal target competitions

The german FRS scope from arrow in apple with ballistic reticle.
You just have to click in at 50 meters (54,68 yards) until you are dead on, than zero the scope/turrets (!), put the target at 20 Meters (21,87 yards) and now just use the zoom to get dead on and put a mark at the zoom ring and tube . This was it and you nail everything from 10 up to 120 Meters (only at the chosen zoom mark!). For us the best CB scope at the moment for normal target shooting. Reticle works only on arrows with EXACT same weight!

Attachments

• FRS 101 scope.jpg
    FRS 101 scope.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 33
  • FRS 101 reticle.jpg
    FRS 101 reticle.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 38
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No gold room here... I wish...

My maps ARE my gold. :)

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Someday I hope for a "sneak peak". They are highly spoken of. :notworthy:

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Think about - this timeless design is from the early 70´s !
And together with the Zender Fact 4 this are for me the most beautiful cars which was ever build!

Could have been used as "speeder" in the movie Star Wars :laughing7:

Attachments

• Lamborghini Countach.JPG
    Lamborghini Countach.JPG
    174.3 KB · Views: 39
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someday I hope for a "sneak peak". They are highly spoken of. :notworthy:

Well to tell you the truth... I began "downsizing" them some years ago now...

I use to collect any and all maps... but that started getting way outa control...

So then I purged everything that was not Florida...

Then I started purging anything that was common...

Then began purging any that were after 1960... UNLESS they were uncommon...

Even stacks of road maps had to go...

Sheesh I had so many... remember... they were sold at EVERY gas station in America.

TWO main things suck about maps...

They are paper...

And they take up massive space.

And almost impossible to display any real amount of them unless you live in a 5000 + SQF house...

Which ... I once did... PRE recession.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
About 15 years ago I had the opportunity to purchase a white 1988 model. I came into money and was able to afford about anything I wanted and that was my dream car. The dealer gave me some names of other owners I could call in regards to questions about these cars. They were all very friendly and helpful. What they warned me about was the maintenance. Most agreed that once a year they had to be shipped back to Italy for maintenance. They said this was usually a 6 month turn around. I could afford the car, just not the required maintenance. I was disappointed that I did not buy my "dream" car, but then again, I had been in the position that it was mine if I wanted it, so I did not feel to bad about it. They sure are beautiful !.

1988lambo-gateway-rear-800-640x400 (1).jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2007 began a crippling grip on myself and many people I know... and cost many I was very close with more than just money.

I have never recouped financially... and quite frankly have lost much of the wind in my sails due to it.

I have no lust for money and or success anymore.

And will never be able to recoup the loss of my closest best friend who decided to take his own life due to the many losses he incurred ... including his wife to cancer at the onset of the recession.

This story is a very sad one and has left a permanent scar on my heart.

I no more believe in the economy today than I did that day.,,, I am sorry to say.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Just for prone shooting. This rockets hit a Half Dollar at 75 yards

Attachments

• Black-Eagle.jpg
    Black-Eagle.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 54

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
I have no lust for money and or success anymore

Feel absolutely the same here!!

And also a reason why I want to leave my country and get rid of everything.

This is my preferred new place. And the best is, only 5 % taxes!! A reason why so many salvage companies are placed there :laughing7: May I can work for them...

Attachments

• Madeira.jpg
    Madeira.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 44

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1553926
Massive gold coin worth millions stolen from German museum

https://www.apnews.com/64012f2949bb...n=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

BERLIN (AP) — Thieves broke into the German capital's Bode Museum before dawn Monday and made off with a massive 100-kilogram (221-pound) gold coin worth millions of dollars, police said. Police spokesman Stefen Petersen said thieves apparently entered through a window about 3:30 a.m. Monday, broke into a cabinet where the "Big Maple Leaf" coin was kept, and escaped with it before police arrived.

A ladder was found by nearby railway tracks. The three-centimeter (1.18-inch) thick coin, with a diameter of 53 centimeters (20.9 inches), has a face value of 1 million Canadian dollars ($750,000). By weight alone, however, it would be worth almost $4.5 million at market prices.

Petersen would not comment on whether authorities had surveillance video of the crime, but said police assume more than one person was involved because of the weight of the coin.mmThe museum says the coin is in the Guinness Book of Records for its purity of 999.99/1000 gold. It has a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II on one side and maple leaves on the other.

It was produced in limited quantities by the Royal Canadian Mint to promote a new line of its Gold Maple Leaf bullion coins in 2007. It has been on display at the Bode Museum, on Berlin's Museum Island, since December 2010. Berlin museums spokesman Markus Farr said the coin is on loan from a private collection, but would not elaborated. Detectives specialized in crimes involving art are investigating.

Does n´t fit into a wallet....:icon_scratch: so who cares... :laughing7:

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
About 15 years ago I had the opportunity to purchase a white 1988 model. I came into money and was able to afford about anything I wanted and that was my dream car. The dealer gave me some names of other owners I could call in regards to questions about these cars. They were all very friendly and helpful. What they warned me about was the maintenance. Most agreed that once a year they had to be shipped back to Italy for maintenance. They said this was usually a 6 month turn around. I could afford the car, just not the required maintenance. I was disappointed that I did not buy my "dream" car, but then again, I had been in the position that it was mine if I wanted it, so I did not feel to bad about it. They sure are beautiful !.

View attachment 1553933

No reason for a maintenance in Italy! The guaranty is looooong time gone, so you just need someone who is able to do the same job in the US!
Only problem are METRIC tools which are needed :laughing7:

An other problem are the needed parts if something is broke.
Approx 25 years ago I thought about to buy my wife an white Lotus Esprit (just for 7000 Euros) than A friend told me that needed parts will quickly goes higher as the costs of the car itself... so no Lotus for wify :headbang:

Cheapest solution: A replica :thumbsup: And if you know a good mechanic, he also can create the original sound out of a Audi 100 engine LOL

And think about that fact: If woman can use silicon, we guys can also buy replica cars !! No difference here :laughing7:

Last edited:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I think the next big cash crop will be Hay. I'm going to put in a bid on this bad boy.

Attachments

• 20180220_113748.jpg
    20180220_113748.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 41

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well I think the next big cash crop will be Hay. I'm going to put in a bid on this bad boy.

How's a really old walk behind road grader going to help? Well, then again, it appears to have done a good job flattening that field before it broke.

A friend has one in his front yard, but his still has the front end with the steering gear and wheels . . . and a place to hook up the team.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread