RANDOM PICTURE THREAD - Post ANY of your favorite pictures here to share with Tnet...

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IOW... whos paying ya to catch them ?

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everything goes to the market. Meat, fins, skins, and sometimes even the livers and eyes. The eyes they make medicine from the livers are drained of oil and the skins are made into leather. If I can I cut as many jaws as possible to clean and sell on the side. After the skins are stripped the meat goes all over. Lots go to the mid west and mexico, and even as far as alaska. The fins are the high dollar item though. They used to be shipped strictly to china but now alot go to china town in san fran. We have a federal observer who rides along and takes many samples and measurements for federal research. We often do sat tagging for the government especially for saw fish research and sand bar shark research. The hammerhead and tigers ar not to good to eat and are sold to the stone crabbers to use for bait. Ive shark fished for 20 years except the last 2 years. Its great to be back on a great boat. Boss man is building us a new longline boat right now, we will sword fish, grouper fish ,tuna fish, and shark fish on his permits !! Wooo hooo !! Im back in the game.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everything goes to the market. Meat, fins, skins, and sometimes even the livers and eyes. The eyes they make medicine from the livers are drained of oil and the skins are made into leather. If I can I cut as many jaws as possible to clean and sell on the side. After the skins are stripped the meat goes all over. Lots go to the mid west and mexico, and even as far as alaska. The fins are the high dollar item though. They used to be shipped strictly to china but now alot go to china town in san fran. We have a federal observer who rides along and takes many samples and measurements for federal research. We often do sat tagging for the government especially for saw fish research and sand bar shark research. The hammerhead and tigers ar not to good to eat and are sold to the stone crabbers to use for bait. Ive shark fished for 20 years except the last 2 years. Its great to be back on a great boat. Boss man is building us a new longline boat right now, we will sword fish, grouper fish ,tuna fish, and shark fish on his permits !! Wooo hooo !! Im back in the game.

So... out of curiosity... how much is a good set of jaws worth ?

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
485325b19c278f6b0dedd753852d635e--hand-cannon-machine-guns.jpg

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sell really big ones for 100$ smaller ones 40 -60 $ the shell shops mark them way up. Sometimes 4-800 $ for the big ones. Im trying to tell them to let them go for 150$ and lets move some volume !! They put a price of 800 and it takes them forever to sell them !! photo-318.JPG at least I mount mine on drift wood so you can hang it.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_1156.PNG IMG_1157.PNG a couple days ago a local policeman filmed this great white in 60 feet of water in keylargo. There is some good video on facebook !!

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I sell really big ones for 100$ smaller ones 40 -60 $ the shell shops mark them way up. Sometimes 4-800 $ for the big ones. Im trying to tell them to let them go for 150$ and lets move some volume !! They put a price of 800 and it takes them forever to sell them !! View attachment 1570353 at least I mo
unt mine on drift wood so you can hang it.
#################################

Soooooooooooo a $ 100.00 on Cuban Mahogany is out of the question ? :dontknow: It was drift wood at one time or it wasn't . :laughing7:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
#################################

Soooooooooooo a $ 100.00 on Cuban Mahogany is out of the question ? :dontknow: It was drift wood at one time or it wasn't . :laughing7:

Definitely got to mount some on some mahogany !! Maybe ill do 3 on one board.... big tiger, big hammer, and a big bull all on a nice clear coated mahogany board !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-813.JPG photo-812.JPG photo-810.JPG photo-809.JPG photo-808.JPG photo-811.JPG photo-807.JPG not one to rest very much, I got out to the mangroves and beach combed yesterday !! Amber glass fishing float,silver/silver plated spoon, (not sure yet) a marble, old bottles, old fishing lures, sea beans, small net floats, pottery and old gass frags, a bullet casing, and a bunch of drift wood not pictured !! No detector but my eyes.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Neat stuff, and the net floats are cool. Yea, obviously you don't waste any daylight.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always great pics Bart... gives us all a view into your daily world.

Keep em coming.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1570355 View attachment 1570356 a couple days ago a local policeman filmed this great white in 60 feet of water in keylargo. There is some good video on facebook !!

Last day I was in the water as a volunteer at Fort Desoto Park...

I was creeped by a 15+ footer IN 10-12 foot of water... perhaps even less.

First time I have ever come face to face with a white.

My girl was totally freaked out when I was getting out clinging to ladder and she rolled over and gave me the "eye" within feet of me.

Freaked her and spooked her so bad... She has not entered any higher than knee high water since.

She was big... and seriously curious.

Too curious for comfort... I called it a day for sure.

Upon returning to whole a few Park Rangers who always were interested in my day were stunned at the story and had looks of disbelief... and confusion...

Of course say things like "you sure it wasn't a bull"... blah blah.

Well the story spread amongst the crew out there and the other rangers who knew me well... and set my "record" straight with the others.

And was logged as an official "sighting".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread