TreasureLord KC

TreasureLord KC

Jul 19, 2016
SWFL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My view is the archies have had over 200 years to dig up any relics from the 1700's in my town, but they've done nothing. Sorry, guys, but your time is up. I'm digging it all up and keeping it! You lose, archies!
Right. And this parks grounds are in terrible shape and need some serious maintenance to but me digging and filling in my holes is a problem. it used have a homestead on there and they already destroyed the house built a parking lot and dug ponds. another 100 years will go by with no interest in its history.

Last edited:

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got kicked out of a county park today.

No gives a damn about what's in the ground until a metal Detectorist starts digging it up.
if there so concerned about historical preservation then hire archeologists to dig the site and if it's not county property and there's a historical site they couldn't careless if it's destroyed by developers.
What took them so long , I was kicked out of the public park 30 years ago, it is against the law after all.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've saw a dozer push headstones over the hill. the sheriff was contacted and all he did was pick up some bones and put them in a trash bag and then in his trunk. dozer work continued without pause or concern.

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
all our parks and other public lands such as schools have a law against disturbing soil, vegetation or historical artifacts.
That's a bummer. There are some depth and distance to historic building restrictions here but that's it.

Midden-marauder

Dec 10, 2023
This is why I'm the little detector guy, or well one of the reasons really. The classic outline of a person with a regular metal detector is easy to pick out, sticks out like a sore thumb honestly. I've been working with just a pinpointer from the get go to remain off the radar, I don't do too badly with it but I'm gonna upgrade to a small, easy to stash and or break down scuba detector with a decent sized coil to get better depth. I have a "regular" machine but I've yet to walk that puppy off our property and may never, it's just too obvious what's going on. I like to remain low profile in all settings personally even if it does sound pretty dubious

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread