Rapid Same Day Hunting?

Furismo

Dec 17, 2010
I have a plan to search a lot of coins in a day. I have my main bank that I buy from, a roll buying bank within walking distance, and a coin counter bank within short driving distance. I buy the coins from my bank, search them without destroying the rolls and return them to a different bank. Other coins that I can't edge search, like pennies go to the coin counter bank.

I'm just wondering if anyone has done something like this before and if banks might get mad.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

vetarun

Jan 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will be finding another coin roll buying bank real soon if you keep that up.

OP
OP
F

Furismo

Dec 17, 2010
I'm not returning the rolls I bought to the bank I bought them from.

vetarun

Jan 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the initial thread you were. Yes that's how it is done. If you start returning coin to the supplier they will start "forgetting" your future orders. Good luck

OP
OP
F

Furismo

Dec 17, 2010
So it's ok for me to buy from my bank and cash them at the bank next door and repeat? Sorry for the earlier confusion. I don't return coins to my suppliers.

I'm worried the tellers will become huffy if I come in many times in one day. I just hope they don't give me trouble.

Last edited:

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
So it's ok for me to buy from my bank and cash them at the bank next door and repeat?

In a word, no. Multiple trips to the same bank on the same day will tick them off quick. get all your coins at once. Even going on consecutive days can make you persona non grata pretty fast.

Senor

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In addition you could get a bank generated suspicious activity report.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just use multiple branches. I used to map out my pickups & dumps in quadrants. Pickup, search in car then dump on same day. Then rotate areas. I could turn over $3000 twice & search 12 boxes of halves in 1 day w/out making my banks mad. It's a way to increase volume w/ limited bankroll.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Dawg you don't need dem separate banks. You buy at one bank, the teller searches for you, sells you the silver at face, and you leave. She will do 27 boxes a day for you and dump for you. Then give her $600 in spray painted pennies. She will love them.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
MrSchulz said:
Dawg you don't need dem separate banks. You buy at one bank, the teller searches for you, sells you the silver at face, and you leave. She will do 27 boxes a day for you and dump for you. Then give her $600 in spray painted pennies. She will love them.

Dawg I practice this 3 times a week

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dawg I practice this 3 times a week

Don't forget to chuck a couple rolls behind the counter first. personally i like chuck them and watch them explode against the bullet proof glass is pretty fun too....... Make sure you let them know who's boss before you ask for coin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread