Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Senor

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations. Depending on the election and if you make your 1000 ounces. Your stash for the year could be worth $50,000.

gunner45

May 12, 2012
Bedford PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
TimZim said:
Well this week i found 10-90% and 87-40% Thats over 16 oz for the week. so far this year i found 737oz The count down is on 10 more weeks. I want to do 1000oz for the year!! I found a 1970 silver proof this week. Good luck to all.............:laughing9:

Wow, how often do you find a 1970 let alone a proof?
Good job!

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, how often do you find a 1970 let alone a proof?
Good job!
I don't do even a 8th of TZ's volume but I've found half a dozon 70's and hundreds of proofs, hell I just throw them back now unless they are really pretty.
Guess it all depends on where in the country you are, and luck might have something to do with it.
GL + HH

Last edited:

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never found a 1970! Mint numbers are really low for that year. I keep all the S halves though.

This week was good for me too, found 14.74 oz. in 30 boxes.

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found about 10 1970 silver proofs. I don't care how many boxes i do its fun for me. I allways seem to find 9 to 33 oz a week. Thats good 30 boxes or 70 boxes its all good. Soon i will start doing ? 100 to 150 boxes a week am lineing the banks up now so when my work slows down. I can hit it hard. I think i will find about 50 oz a week?? You never know. I will be going in to pa. I can't wait.

Last edited:

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found about 10 1970 silver proofs. I don't care how many boxes i do its fun for me. I allways seem to find 9 to 33 oz a week. Thats good 30 boxes or 70 boxes its all good. Soon i will start doing ? 100 to 150 boxes a week am lining the banks up now so when my work slows down. I can hit it hard. I think i will find about 50 oz a week?? You never know. I will be going in to pa. I can't wait.

You are a machine. Everyone on this forum fears Loomis and Brinks. I fear you. More power to you.

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are a machine. Everyone on this forum fears Loomis and Brinks. I fear you. More power to you.
Your funny the way i have it set up its easy and fun. Now with my new safe its very easy. In a week or so my bank roll will be x2 then i can do 70 boxes with out dumping. Look out brinks. I have been told the brinks guys have a voodoo doll in there truck that looks like me and they push pins in it.Every time they drop off my boxes!!Cry babys

Walla183

Sep 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found about 10 1970 silver proofs. I don't care how many boxes i do its fun for me. I allways seem to find 9 to 33 oz a week. Thats good 30 boxes or 70 boxes its all good. Soon i will start doing ? 100 to 150 boxes a week am lining the banks up now so when my work slows down. I can hit it hard. I think i will find about 50 oz a week?? You never know. I will be going in to pa. I can't wait.

Tim, I've had some resistance in PA. Went to multiple banks who would not exchange currency without an account. From small CU to large branches.

Good luck with the hunt

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post some pics of the boxes stacked!
When i do the boxes in the car when am driving i just open them. But when i do the rest of them in my barn i cut them up i cut both flaps off and put them in 2 large landscaping cans. They pick them up every 2 weeks.I will start pics again soon am getting a new computer soon.

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds TimZim. Just curious ... What's your best box?
My best boxe was 44 40% a long time ago. A few weeks ago i had 10 90% in one roll all walkers and bens. I found over 36 oz that week one of my best weeks ever. My best box this week was 12 silvers in one box.So far this week i have done 2008 boxes of halfs and found 736.91785 Thats counting some other silver i found you know dimes and and other stuff

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tim, I've had some resistance in PA. Went to multiple banks who would not exchange currency without an account. From small CU to large branches.

Good luck with the hunt
I will set up a dump bank to dump bags bag .$10.000 at a time. And order from ?? 10 to 15 banks i will try to get 40 boxes ever week. I checked there are good banks there. I have 5 accounts right now. My coin guy wants to get me boxes from ny what ever i want starting this friday.

gunner45

May 12, 2012
Bedford PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
TimZim said:

Where in PA are you going to be hunting? I live in PA...now I'm doomed! Ha

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I beat your finds on 1/2 the boxes, Timmy. :) 90 40%ers and 13 90%ers.

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it true that when TZ finds a silver coin, an angel gets its wings? That is what I heard. Nice finds man, hope you kill it again next week!

Senor

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where in PA are you going to be hunting? I live in PA...now I'm doomed! Ha

Actually Tim will probably help everyone by getting through the topsoil and down to the stored halves. Especially since he's going to dump outside of PA.

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually Tim will probably help everyone by getting through the topsoil and down to the stored halves. Especially since he's going to dump outside of PA.
Some of my dumps will go to ac and some will go back to the same area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread