Rare Cuba coke bottle found last weekend

BavariaJeff

May 20, 2015
Seoul, Korea
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this 1947 Cuba coke bottle last weekend in Korea at an old Japanese arsenal site that has been a US Army base since 1945. I found a WW2 to Korean War era dump where I found about 40 coke bottles dated from 1944 to 1948. Some were green with city names (San Francisco or Seattle) on the base, others were the clear military issue bottles with no city names and then this bottle surfaced. How a Cuba bottle ended up here in Korea is a big mystery. Some WW2 US Army and USMC badges and relics also surface. Some pre 1945 Japanese beer bottles also came out of this dump. Has anyone ever found a Cuba coke bottle

Attachments

• coke bottle1.jpg
    coke bottle1.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 126
  • coke bottle2.jpg
    coke bottle2.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 122
Upvote 6

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cuba coke bottles are rare but are out there Cuba was actually one of the first three countries outside the US to bottle Coke, in 1906.
But the company moved out as Fidel Castro's government began seizing private assets in the 1960s, and has never returned.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the warming of relations with the United States and Cuba, I expect the market will be flooded with Cuba Coke bottles soon. I'd sell now :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions