May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit an estate sale on Friday and they had this little tiny basket full of Boy Scout YMCA and military patches. I could see it had two medals in there so I asked the guy how much he wanted. He said just take it no charge! I took the basket home and went through it. It ended up having about 30 military and YMCA patches, A vintage pocket mirror , a Knights Templer medal and a general Army of the Republic 79th 1945 national encampment medal. I listed the GAR Medal on the bay starting at $22 and I immediately got an email from a guy asking for a buy it now price. I told him that since it was 80 years after the end of the Civil War I think I might keep it listed as an auction because I can't believe there were too many veterans in attendance and figured it must be rare. I actually looked it up because of this and it turns out they're only 163 veterans attended. Almost immediately I started getting buds and it shot up to $103 in a few hours. It's going to be interesting and wild ride on this one. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1470535530.370960.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT