Rare Hunt in December

GoGoGopher

Jun 24, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac - 11" Pro, 6" EQ2 coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I thought I struck it rich today when the chain came out of the ground. It was laid out in a long line, just under the grass roots and took about 10 minutes of careful digging to extract it without breaking it. I did not take the time to examine it as there were a few people looking on, so in the pocket it went right away. The 3 wheats were all from about 6 inches deep. When I got home, the chain read "Guyay (I think) F 18K...I laughed as I looked at the links with a jewelers loop, and saw the flaking...I called it "Gay Fake 18K"...I was kinda bummed, as it weighs in at 15 grams. Would have been a good chunk of change if it was real...Oh well, at least I know I can find these chains...It was a one way signal reading between 12-08 and 13-07 at 2 inches. I will usually dig anything that shows a 12-08, as this IS where most of my gold has shown up...Lower than 12-08 is usually foil, and 12-10 thru 12-35 is usually junk...12-37-12-39 is where my Injuns show up when I find em...

HH,

Upvote 4

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not a bad score, even though fake!, plus the wheats are a nice bonus!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I admire you! You dug what showed up as good! You would not believe what I spotted In a parking lot, shinny gold necklace.....Fake! It should be illegal. But hey! What can we do! Next time you will get the real deal!l
Best of luck my friend !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread