Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
rare October Iris'

My wife and my neighbor have been pestering the dickens out of me, to go an have a look see at the neighbors Iris'. Still blooming after several frosts and a couple hard freezes. Well, I finally did tonight, but my neighbor thought it was too dark. I said to her, "that's why I brought a flashlight" I did not want to use my flash, because it would wash the whole flower out. So I stuffed the light down into the foliage and had at it. We are gonna have some wild winds and bad storms tomorrow, so I figured, " I better get these shots tonight!" There is a story and maybe an explanation as to why these flowers are still blooming. My neighbor's, husband's best friend built a small wishing well for her when he saw those lovely Iris' a couple years ago. Well just last month he passed away (Hubby's best friend) and they figure that he is living around that well keeping the flowers alive. All my Iris' have been done and cut down for at least 5 weeks..........NGE

Attachments

• october iris.jpg
    october iris.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 243
  • backlit beauty.jpg
    backlit beauty.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 237

mjido

Aug 14, 2007
Western New Mexico
Re: rare October Iris'

About the same here at our home in New Mexico,(7500 feet) we have three Iris plants blooming here now. We have had some strong winds and a few nights that have been below freezing and sure don't know why they are still doing their thing.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice Flower shot :thumbsup:
My son has a Redbud tree that is blooming with leaves still on it. :icon_scratch:

Fossis.............

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great Pic NGE.

We have probably 1000 Iris', mostly purple. Several have decided to bloom now instead of February or March. Even a white one has bloomed and they usually bloom late. They must think it was a long summer like I did.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

2nd one's a real pretty shot!

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009

Those are your best pictures yet! That second one is stunning, :headbang:

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other

She had another one bloom today and I was supposed to go over tonight and shoot it, but got home from treasure hunting club meeting too late, so I'll do it tomorrow night. Thanks for all the accolades everyone........NGE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions