Rare roman coin found..

S

stefen

Or what do they have and fail to exhibit.

I would like to get into the archives of a local museum just to see what has been squirreled away.

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Makes you wonder what else they've misplaced?

Funny you should say that Ken... I was watching History channel a few days ago when I first woke up (hadn't had my first cup o' joe). They were talking about some mummy and this and that, and they missplaced the mummy in the museum! They finally found it, but it must have been embarrasing to the curator!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And the news last night said that the priceless upside down jenny stamp they found on an absentee ballot was examined and found to be a fake. Now they think one in a museumis also fake. $hit happens! Monty

Relic_hunter1557

Feb 15, 2007
Hey,
I'm new here but i've been looking around for a couple of months so i decided to join. Now that you mention it museums do have some errors once in awhile. I was in NY just before christmas and i went to see the gold exhibit. As i was going through i noticed that they had marked a spanish gold 4 escudo as a 2. I know, not a very big mistake but still a mistake and it was in the same display as the 2 escudo so it was not really noticeable unless you really knew the spanish coins markings. I only noticed because i have a 4 escudo and did alot of research on them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread