Rare Spinel Colonial Cufflink

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had some play time yesterday so I decided to go back to my cufflink site and try to get the other half of a small Spanish coin cufflink that I found there the other day. The site has given up many nice cufflinks, buttons, a nice wax seal stamp and many other cool trinkets.
I was not able to find the cufflink that I was looking for but did find a bale seal, some early buttons, and a the Very Rare Spinel Colonial Cufflink. It glistened and turned colors in the sunlight when it surfaced after being buried for about 300 years. It still has not been cleaned so I don't know if it has a maker mark. The jeweler that I took it to identified the stones as Spinel ( The same kind of stones that are in the Crown Jewels of England ). I forgot to get it appraised but I'm sure that I'm the only kid in the neighborhood that has one!

Attachments

• spinal.jpg
    spinal.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 65
  • spinal3.jpg
    spinal3.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 49
  • spinal4.jpg
    spinal4.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 41
  • spinal5.jpg
    spinal5.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 43
  • spinal 1.jpg
    spinal 1.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 47
Upvote 20
OP
OP
cannonball

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had some play time yesterday so I decided to go back to my cufflink site and try to get the other half of a small Spanish coin cufflink that I found there the other day. The site has given up many nice cufflinks, buttons, a nice wax seal stamp and many other cool trinkets.
I was not able to find the cufflink that I was looking for but did find a bale seal, some early buttons, and a the Very Rare Spinel Colonial Cufflink. It glistened and turned colors in the sunlight when it surfaced after being buried for about 300 years. It still has not been cleaned so I don't know if it has a maker mark. The jeweler that I took it to identified the stones as Spinel ( The same kind of stones that are in the Crown Jewels of England ). I forgot to get it appraised but I'm sure that I'm the only kid in the neighborhood that has one!
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions