weathered face carvings.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 450
OP
OP
desertmoons

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Hadji...thank you. I appreciate the study you have put into this. Though i think of it as a snail..it could be an owl. On it are some carvings... I think. For me the best way to see carvings when negatives do not work is to bring it into Picasa and crank up the shadows and sometimes the highlights too.

Since we are dissecting this..lol here are some things i noticed.
It so awesome...I miss so many things that other people see.You and others have opened my eyes.

We all learn from each other.

IMG_6172pt88.jpg

OP
OP
desertmoons

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Pretty cool cw! Thanks! Did not catch that face. You know there is a faint wagon trail or two mule trails that lead to this...then STOPs. .

What i find most curious is the indentations. I wonder if they are Mayan counting numbers..or a grid..or what.
TY again.

OP
OP
desertmoons

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
what a difference a day makes.

Well its been a while :) But wanted to mention what a difference a day makes..or a month.. or a season. Or maybe it is just experience.

Looking back at some of the pics from RattleSnake hill I just have to laugh at how I could not see some obvious things. It takes time to train the eye for sure.

Anyway thought I would point out a couple of examples..for those that did not see them either.

First..the slimface site. This bugged me from day one I was sure something was or had been there. I saw a few things..but recently headed out that way and whoa! How did i miss that :))

a year or so ago

dtslimface.jpg

More recent.

frog.JPG

Well of course there is a lot not marked..but these two things really stood out to me. Big time. They wanted my attention. I mean..they almost glowed!

dtslimface.jpg

Then the frog...it always looked like a frog to me..could not see what was in front of my eyes..even after reading turtles to treasure book. Thanks for lending it to me! You know who :)) Guess I am a bit slow on the comprehension part.

Back then
dtslimorbcross.jpg

And now....

dtslimmark.jpg

Still don't see it? Perhaps this will help.

frog.JPG

By the way the more recent pics were taken in February. The fall of light makes a big difference I think.

Attachments

• frogfi.jpg
    frogfi.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 354
  • frogfiveorsmark.jpg
    frogfiveorsmark.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 344

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
desertmoons said:
Wooot!! Dsty! So good to see you back.

Desertmoons,

Good to see you are still here. I am still amazed at how many similar s/s we have on our sites. I am glad dsty brought up your site as I somehow overlooked it.

Oddrock

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello Kim, haven't heard much from you, have you tried the Rattle Snake layed out with boulders to see what direction it points and using the length for a distance indicator ( ie 6 ft= 1 league ) I have started to think that some of them may indicate " land that's not sutiable for use " or perhaps how far it is to land that can be of use to settlement. Thanks for your site I visit it often as I do Lost Horse and Thoms , Ranglers, and others, I learn from each one. Sometimes my thought's change on my interpitation of what I have seen. Have a wonderful and blessed day.

OP
OP
desertmoons

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Hello Kim, haven't heard much from you, have you tried the Rattle Snake layed out with boulders to see what direction it points and using the length for a distance indicator ( ie 6 ft= 1 league ) I have started to think that some of them may indicate " land that's not sutiable for use " or perhaps how far it is to land that can be of use to settlement. Thanks for your site I visit it often as I do Lost Horse and Thoms , Ranglers, and others, I learn from each one. Sometimes my thought's change on my interpitation of what I have seen. Have a wonderful and blessed day.

Hi dusty, it has been rainy for a month. Indeed i exactly plan to check out boulders and see how they relate to the signs in this yard first off. Then revisit some of the trails ..I've not been there for a long time and want to look at it with my new eyes..so to speak. There might be a lot of information about a lot of places here. So many trails leading out, foot, horse going a lot of directions.

The main reason I am going back is to try a photo technique to see if it will pull an odd sun out of a rock without a lot of specialized equipment. A very odd sun in an unusual location that in the field I continue to see over the years..but never shows in pictures. Might be a clue to the ancients. Also to follow a couple trails to their end..which have been recovered (I see empty holes) but the learning will be worth it. That area is pretty well worked over , but not completely, from what I have seen. However it is an educational area only. Negotiating with the land owners would be a waste of time..so it will just sit there. (That is if there is something there) Perhaps sometime in the future they will become more amiable but there are other reasons to let it alone too.

I am seeing strictly spanish and some perhaps ancient out there, unlike other places. The degrees often used are things like N, E ,W after adjusting for declination. There is an arrangement of rocks coming to the yard from one direction that basically tells you who what and why ..is my speculation. Why all those markers are on the entrance to the yard from one particular trail and not others is a puzzle. There are at least a dozen trails coming in or going out.

Layin low Dusty..other things in life needing my focus right now but all is okay!

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello Kim, Good to hear from you as always,There seems to be a method on some of the things that we see, for instance on some of the yards that I have worked seems that the information that's available that's seems to be constant is that the South East portion of the yard seems to contain one part of the windrose and if its a triangle, square, rectangle ,may be in the order of drill holes, a carved box, all that is telling you its the layout of what you are looking for, information left at the knee high corner markers will reference the method of concealment ( how deep and if its a tunnel ect. NE corner ) N West may contain the direction to the other 1/2 of the windrose and the distance, I believe it to be the sum total of all the sides, and may have a multiplier ( ie small drill hole ect ) There mesurements between will be a cordell ( 189.5 feet ) or plus or minus portions of the measurements and the degrees will be true also, Information in the yard seems to be give folks something to ponder and let them show off a little, The NW corner of your windrose may contain a portion of ( probably only degrees and distance ) if you have a 330 degrees between two of your corner markers in the 1st ( SE ) part of the windrose and 189.5 feet between the same markers as the NW corner then--- bingo ---, There may be direction and distance to the next yard (S) ( 1 league distance ) an may reference something to the other yards in a distant location, turtle, fish elephant, snake, slim face guy, Or in my simple mind that's the way I see it. Have a wonderful day Keep cool. Ernie

OP
OP
desertmoons

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Hello Kim, Good to hear from you as always,There seems to be a method on some of the things that we see, for instance on some of the yards that I have worked seems that the information that's available that's seems to be constant is that the South East portion of the yard seems to contain one part of the windrose and if its a triangle, square, rectangle ,may be in the order of drill holes, a carved box, all that is telling you its the layout of what you are looking for, information left at the knee high corner markers will reference the method of concealment ( how deep and if its a tunnel ect. NE corner ) N West may contain the direction to the other 1/2 of the windrose and the distance, I believe it to be the sum total of all the sides, and may have a multiplier ( ie small drill hole ect ) There mesurements between will be a cordell ( 189.5 feet ) or plus or minus portions of the measurements and the degrees will be true also, Information in the yard seems to be give folks something to ponder and let them show off a little, The NW corner of your windrose may contain a portion of ( probably only degrees and distance ) if you have a 330 degrees between two of your corner markers in the 1st ( SE ) part of the windrose and 189.5 feet between the same markers as the NW corner then--- bingo ---, There may be direction and distance to the next yard (S) ( 1 league distance ) an may reference something to the other yards in a distant location, turtle, fish elephant, snake, slim face guy, Or in my simple mind that's the way I see it. Have a wonderful day Keep cool. Ernie

Huh! That is interesting. I can't say i have found those knee high markers for sure..but your ideas sure have me pondering over one rock out there that i thought was a map rock but do not know how to figure it out completely.. I will check out the southeast quadrant when i am out there.
Additionally in the NE quadrant m on the East edge, there is a pile of unusual rocks that point out something...oh i guess about 3-5 miles away. What i can do is find out exactly how far away that something is from the pile of rocks. I will let you know.Thanks Dsty!

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hi Kim, I have a yardage pro 400 by Bushnell its pretty accurate up to the 1000 feet range, just pick a corner to sit on and use the yardage pro and get the distance, should be something that concerns a cordel, one site that I worked with a windrose was SE corner to the NE corner was 95 feet ( 1/2 of a cordel ) from the NE corner to the NW corner was 189.5 feet or a cordel which that corner had information 4" wide X 8" wide with a sholder 1/2 way down indicating 3 cordel when worked out when it was measured was the distance thru the yard to the other part of the windrose. I think a person could get the distance's and degrees and get the distance,s needed with out doing all that walking using the Bushnell and a compass and a 12 inch ruler one of those compass you can lay flat Most of the distances you may encounter will be less than 300 feet. Keep Cool

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hi, Kim, I don't remember if I had any feed back on your 10 ft tall elephant, It seems that a 5 ft corner marker = 1 league and it may be that a 10 ft tall elephant = 2 X league = 5 miles, hope this works for you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread