Re-check those holes

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re-check those holes'

I went out last night for a quick hunt in a field that I pulled a 1901 half Dollar from earlier this year, I wanted to start cleaning it. I was swinging the AT Pro nice and slow when I got a 68-70 on the display. I could tell there were lots of other targets in the same square foot of ground and normally a 68-70 is a bottle cap, but there was something different about the tone on this hit so I went ahead and dug out a plug. After a bit of searching with the Pro pointer I found a small zipper pull. I thought that, yea that could have made that tone but I grabbed the detector and checked the hole, again 68-70 so I start looking and bingo, a silver dime:hello2:. I grabbed the detector again and checked the hole, again same numbers but this time a little to one side so in I go again and out comes another dime. grab the detector again and out comes one more silver dime. Yes, I grabbed the AT Pro again and this time it was a penny:headbang:. In the hole there was lots of trash and ashes from a fire but the ATP picked out the goodies. (love this machine). And very close to that hole was a 1958 nickel as well.

1958 nickel
1950 dime
1953 dime
1956 dime
19?? penny

Recheck those holes before someone else does,
ZDD

Attachments

• IMG088.jpg
    IMG088.jpg
    368.3 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG091.jpg
    IMG091.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG090.jpg
    IMG090.jpg
    345.1 KB · Views: 138
Upvote 1

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Never walk away from a hole until there's no more signals. Congrats.

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet you need to hit it one more time just to see, I pulled $4 + dollars in pennys out of the same hole.

jtshombre

Jun 23, 2007
Montana Prairie
Detector(s) used
White's M-6
I've found that Canadian coins ring up very different than U.S. coins, especially their clad. That nickel was what was probably throwing the signals that were confusing.

Nice finds BTW...

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yep, that it was the nickle that is. Good hunt just go get more!

OP
OP
Zodiacdiverdave

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for looking, and I do plan on cleaning the area completely. Every signal must be dug and I will post the final results including the trash.
ZDD

Damon64

Bronze Member
Jul 10, 2008
Federal Way, WA
Detector(s) used
V3i, DFX, Beachhunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great advice! Everyone should check their holes! -if not have someone do it for you!

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
now thats the way we do it!....................HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread