RE: Could you invest and find real sunken treasure?

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
RE: Could you invest and find real sunken treasure?

Alexandre, A quote from your post .
"The odds of finding booty on shipwrecks may be minimal, but such schemes - or 'search and recovery investment opportunities' - are becoming more popular..."

Actually, this comment is one of the first things we agree on. My personal opinion is that there are more schemes and scam treasure hunting companies out there, then there are real treasure hunting companies that put their heart into looking for and finding treasure. I think a majority of the companies I am referring to are publicly traded companies that sell stock. One of the exceptions to this in My Opinion is Odyssey.

That said, I also think there are individuals and small companies out there that want to actually pursue their dreams and want to look for treasure. "Unfortunately", many Countries that have abandon their sunken wrecks and have in some cases have sent salvage crews to these sites hundreds of years ago and then abandon those wrecks, now want to lay claim to anything of value on those wrecks. Yes, I am talking about Spain in particular. Actually, I think it would behoove Spain to work with Treasure Hunting Companies around the world. Except a percentage of what is found and also gain many valuable artifacts for Spain to put in Museums. That's just my opinion, but I think it would make all parties happy. Spain doesn't have the money to find the wrecks and I believe this would work well for all parties.

I also agree that there are artifacts on treasure wrecks that should be in Museums in the Countries where these wrecks lie.
I do know of some people that have money to invest in Salvaging Sunken Treasure. So yes there businessmen that are willing to take a chance on these types of ventures. If anyone has found a wreck where a permit can be obtained to salvage one of these wrecks send me a PM. I'll see what I can do to help. If you're one of those scam companies, don't bother and the investors I know also aren't interested in the 1715 wrecks, just so you know. ( Old Man )

Just My Personal Opinion, I like to hear other Opinions.

GOHO

Apr 13, 2008
Well thats to bad your friend doesnt want any part of 1715 fleet.. Its not just one ship but an entire treasure fleet loaded with silver and gold. The most import thing to remember about the 1715 fleet is that you actually get to keep what you find with no battles with Spain.. just divide with State and Queens Jewels, LLC and you get your treasure the following year... That simple!!!

Some people complain about dividing with the State and Queens Jewels but look at it this way.. You could spend hundreds of thousands looking for a virgin wreck and not find it or find it and spend another fortune trying to keep it not counting years of court battles...

sanson

Greenie
Nov 30, 2010
Florida
Hi Old Man,,

I am looking for your opinion! What do you think about starting an ECO-LODGE along the coastal part of Ecuador?
The ECO-LODGE would have lots of outdoor activities including diving! There are lots of untouched archeological ruins
along the coast in addition dozens of sunken colonial shipwrecks, I am not sure what the law is or what the Govt might think. I am just looking for your opinion

Sanson

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
sanson:
For an eco-project, you may wish to contact Daryl Friesen who frequents Treasure Net.
I recall that, for years, he was involved in an eco-project in Honduras.
He's all over Google so contacting him should not be difficult.
Don.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread