RE: couple of 1715 chunks of silver/gold..........

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RE: couple of 1715 chunks of silver/gold..........

Happy Holidays........
Here you go Grub...found by yours truly
1698 Charles II - Mexico Mint w/Jeweled cross (1715 Fleet)
U marker - for you old beach hunters.

normal_Mybest.JPG

R_S.JPG

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
They sure look like real ones! Nice!

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
U marker? hmmm, was that the north end of Corrigans....towards the Green cabin area?

Elam the pirate found a lot of gold offshore there.

;)

OP
OP
Trez

Trez

May 10, 2006
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't go there G'flex.........lol.
It wasn't that far north...
The cut of March '96 popped that out...

I may know of him... but that is all.
I use to follow him when I first started beach detecting, as well as Booker, Steve H, and a few of the others
Follow the ones that know what they are doing when beach hunting, and learn quickly.

Trez

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Steve H is the beach king as far as I am concerned! He has found some amazing things. There is an interesting area down towards Tequesta that I am sure you are aware of....back when Shouppe was around. His diver Davey (can't remember last name) showed me some places.

OP
OP
Trez

Trez

May 10, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Top row........
From the left...
Mexico reales circa 1542-1555, L on the left M on right, assayer is known...how many dots on other side? this will tell you denomination - I now see 1 dot = 1 reales.
next to it, I think a 1 reale from Barcelona, Spain late 1670s to 1690s (charles II), is there a cross with 3 dots on either side and 2 circles?
next, I would like a closer shot of that beauty...looks like a SF or SB?
next, 1 reales I think, Fernando Isabel era, circa late 1470s to 1504...wow, that is strange...maybe someone see different on this one...after now sesing the other side, I stick w/ my guess...late 1400s.
Bottom row, with the waves pushing up on the date, see it? that means Potosi not Lima... 1 reales.
next is a 1/2 or one reale, can't see if it is a globed cross (Mexico) If bars on ends, either Potosi, Lima, Spain.
hold on for next on, I see 4 horizontal lines on right........maybe a Felipe IV Ducaton 1622? Austria?
Remember, I am only seeing one side, so some of my info may be innacurate... ;)

Trez

OP
OP
Trez

Trez

May 10, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ole.Grubstake said:
Hey Trez those are beautiful. Can you tell me anything about these I pulled from the pile. The head bust has a date of 1677 on the other side. I see a L for lima on one and I thingk the star one is a lima????? Hope you can give me some info as I am classifing my coins now. Merry Christmas to you.
Ole Grubstake

Grub,

I will stick with my ID's......
the bottom row of cobs...1st on left?
I see no Lima cobs in your photos........look at the date between the pillars, if the waves are pushing upwards on the date, then it is Potosi, if the waves are pushing up the pillars then now it would be Lima, do you see that?
That's a Sedwick tip.

Trez

OP
OP
Trez

Trez

May 10, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ole.Grubstake said:
Yassa Boss-Just presumed the the "L" I saw on the side of the shield meant it was from Lima. Is that the assayer?
Ole Grubstake

yes............
L on the left assayer, M on the right mint...this only goes for this one coin...
the series of this coin will have many different combinations...some with mint on left or assayer right etc...
yours...fairly common...but very nice indeed.

Trez

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread