Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

mr.theman

Aug 29, 2006
McAlester, OK
I have accounts at several different banks just so that I can cash in my halves. Only one of my banks want them rolled so I save all of my hand roll wrappers for when I take some to that bank.

As of yet I have not run into any problems cashing them in at any of the branches of my banks except for one and I just avoid it from now on. I don't have problems at other branches of that same bank so I think the teller was just having a bad day..

I usually limit myself to only taking $250 to $300 to each branch at a time. I have taken up to $550 into one branch when I was in a hurry and didn't have time to make the rounds.

I never take halves back to any branch of a bank that I plan on buying halves from again. I made this mistake once and had to go through $300 that I had already searched to get to fresh halves again. I thought that they bagged them and sent them back to the coin service but it turns out they have their own rolling machine.

HH
Mr.T

OP
OP
mountainman 2

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the fast response.Right now I only have accounts with one bank but that bank has many branches. As long as the branch I last ordered from does not mind me ordering from them regularly,I'll stay with them and split the returns with some of the other branches.I do not think any of the branches has those machines I heard about. Thanks for the info.MM2

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My method is a little slower but I spend them. I have found a lot of people around here will keep them and put them away for thier kids or just because they don't see them that often. That way it takes many of them out of circulation and I will not have to go thru them again. I have several hundred dollars worth rolled up, and when I go out of town (a couple of hundred miles), I will use them to buy fuel, motel room, dinner, etc. I also run a group lotto here at work. I will buy the tickets with the half dollars and get paper money from the participants, so it is another way of cashing them in. Like I said, it is a little slower, but it works for me. I did open an account with Bank of America though, and will sometimes take a few hundred dollars in loose coins to them. Have had no problems doing that.

Smithrow1

Aug 2, 2006
I return $1000 to the same branch each time. They ship them out when they get to $1000. My return bank is never used to get new halfs. I also reuse the wrappers.

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
And how do you know the armored car company does not just re-roll the ones you return, and send them to that same bank in the next box you order?
:)

Something to think about...

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
I take mine to a bank with a rolling machine. When the bags are full they ship them out. I tried to buy some of the bags prior to dumping my halves and they said they couldn't do it...

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i don't o halves yet but when i drop of $100 in dime and quarters they don't care
theres one guy that helps me and he usually asks me what i find because he roll hunts to

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread