Re-entering the game

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
When I was in middle school I had about a 2.5 mile walk to school uphill both ways in the snow and 100F heat.... Wait that's a different story. I had a 2.5 mile walk to school and there were 5 or 6 banks along the way. I had a whopping $10 bankroll and would stop at the first bank and get a roll of halves, trade them back in at the 2nd bank, buy halves at the 3rd, and so on and so on as I walked home. In total I'm thinking I probably found a half dozen or so 40%'s and maybe one 90%. Fast forward 20 years. I didn't realize what I was doing was done by others. I check my change (found a '40 wheatie) and have found a couple of silver dimes over the years but haven't hunted halves since back in the day. I spend a lot of time on tnet mostly in the north american artifact forum and only lurk in the background of the CRH forum. Anyways today I finally broke down and dipped a toe in the water again. Bought $100 in halves from my local credit union. Every roll was ended with a '71 or '74. Between 10 rolls I found no keepers, but it was odd because there were only 3 halves from the 2000's, and 12 from the '80's. The rest were all '71-76, a few late '70's and and a bunch of mid-'90's (mostly '94P) in close to UNC condition. I also saw two different marks from CRH's, one edge mark and one mark on the face. So I guess I'm joining a crowded field in the Richmond VA area - hello to any area hunters out there. Anyway, it was good to break the seal again and I'm looking forward to making a 2013 a good CRH'ing year for me. I need to find a dump bank at some point I guess. Good luck to everyone and happy holidays.

Joe

Upvote 0

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's to breaking the seal Joe, good luck in the New Year! HH, Maverick.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Or we are two rappers, who are good friends. Great minds, think alike homie, I'd like em to chime in personally instead of you speaking on his behalf.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
SilverForBrains said:
Either you're the same poster as Eminem or you're ripping off his style

Dawg fiddy is my homie. If we act similar it's cause we both grew up on da streets and we know the importance of REAL money yo

CladSmoke

Nov 18, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Mine eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the suck man. Keep digging and you will come up with something worth keeping every now and again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions