Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What can I pick up to shoot my finds to post for between $100-$150 dollars? Does anyone have a suggestion? I put batteries in my camera, shoot one picture and shut it off, by the next day it's dead. I suspect Wally World would take it back if I trotted it over there, especially if I were buying another camera at the same time.

Thanks ya'll,
Ramapirate

Upvote 0

tempe812

Greenie
Sep 4, 2006
Alabama USA
Detector(s) used
FISHER ID Excel
Something must be wrong with it. They will probably take it back and you should be able to get something pretty good in your price range. Mine can sit around for weeks with batteries and no problems. I have a nice little Sony my son got me, had a lower end Sony before that and liked it real well too. Good luck and don''t give up it.

HH Tempe

vercingetorix

Sep 30, 2005
Toulouse
I've got the same problem . maybe due to my crappy batteries but I bought the camera 150$ (olympus ) and it does a pretty good job

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TAKE NOTICE!!!

Here is what the deal is with most of the cameras....especially the HP 435. These cameras, with the view screens on, are battery hogs. They draw a lot of current from the cells to power all the elctronics, especially the flash, which can charge up about 150+ volts from the 3 volts supplied by the batteries. I use Energizer Lithium E2. These are the blue ones. My brand is expecially bad about it. I too complained and that is what I was told. They are hogs. Great little camera for $135.

I put a BRAND NEW set of 2 AA Duracell in. Took about 12 pics and the camera was dead. DURACEL!!!
I put in the E2s and I can take over 400 pictures with flash and view screen. They are about $5.50 for a two pack of AA. YOU ABSOLUTELY CANNOT BUY A BETTER SET OF DISPOSABLE BATTERIES IN MY OPINION.

Mike

Dig It

Aug 23, 2006
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250, BH Discovery 3300. Automax Pinpointer
Ramapirate,

I would recommend the Nikon CoolPix L4. It is a small 4.0 Megapixel camera with a 3X zoom. I've had it for a month and have taken a lot of pictures with the unit. It takes 2 AA batteries which seem to last forever, which is much better than the Sony battery eater that I previously used. It has a great macro feature that really lets you get great closeup details. I did a quick search on the internet and it can be found at places like buy.com for $113.94 with free shipping.

Here is a sample from this camera...

Dig it

Attachments

• DSCN0338.JPG
    DSCN0338.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 304

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a Fuji Fine Pix. Very inexpensive. It uses 2 AA batteries. (Recommend rechargeable nickel metal hydride batteries. They last much longer than alkaline).

indepmo

Aug 6, 2006
Independence, MO
I have the same problem.
Welcome to the "expensive battery era".

I made sure I bought a model that would accept my AA rechargable batteries.
Little did I know they didnt have enough juice to make the thing run.

Now I buy the expensive AA's and it works fine.

SoMdRelicHunter

Sep 12, 2006
Southern Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Dig It said:
Ramapirate,

I would recommend the Nikon CoolPix L4. It is a small 4.0 Megapixel camera with a 3X zoom. I've had it for a month and have taken a lot of pictures with the unit. It takes 2 AA batteries which seem to last forever, which is much better than the Sony battery eater that I previously used. It has a great macro feature that really lets you get great closeup details. I did a quick search on the internet and it can be found at places like buy.com for $113.94 with free shipping.

Here is a sample from this camera...

Dig it
Thats a nice pic i may look into buying that camera...i too have a broken camera.....thanks for the info

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been using an old (2 year old) EasyShare DX4530 5 MP camera and it's great. I did discover that they don't like sand very much. Never put your camera in the same pocket with digs... ::) This is not good.

All the above commentators did a great job.

For the internet you should get a very nice camera for $150.

One of the office workers was kind enough to pose for a sample picture. Notice the vibrant colors!

Badger

Attachments

• walt.jpg
    walt.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 153

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread