Real & Artificial Ingredients.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. I went out last night with the intention of raking my construction sight a bit to score maybe another oldie but, all I got was clad. Mr. Toad said beat it chump!:wave: So today I headed to a park in a tiny town down the road. This place is trash filled with pull tabs literally popping up through the soil everywhere. I found the kiddos Pirate Eye-patch. I'll be sporting that baby while out tecting you bet. I scanned a swing set and got a decent signal and popped up the .925 heart pendant. WOW! Real jewelry! I concentrated on the largest oldest trees and just swung around their base. Trash was literally "oozing" up through the ground. Found a broken fork or spoon handle just sticking right out along with the stainless one as well. That old "Hey Bros." spoon was from last night. They were a local ice cream dairy based in Dixon, Illinois back in the day. I found the junk lead looking pin or whatever it is and it rang at 18 VDI. I nearly left it behind thinking it was more can slaw. It was a nice cool sunny day and I did have another visitor. Must be Mr. Grey Squirrel. He looked darn near black and like the cross between a squirrel and a RAT! Thanks for stopping by. Kurios1

001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG 007.JPG 008.JPG 010.JPG 013.JPG 014.JPG 015.JPG 017.JPG 019.JPG 020.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 11

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff, great pendant!

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That might be some type of rat squirrel lol. Nice heart pendant

I am used to seeing the rusty colored ones and even some greys on occasion but, I never saw one this dark before. He was kinda' "cute" looking from a distance. :o

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff, great pendant!

This spot was my secondary option. It appears a previous permission the old folks have passed away. It's been a few years since I was down that way. I'll have to get hold of the son and see if it's alright with them if I can still hunt there. Perhaps I can find some sentimental recoveries for the family if they let me hunt it. They were a lovely old couple both over 95 and childhood sweethearts. That don't happen much anymore.:sad7:

Last edited:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds Kurious. We actually have Black Squirrels where we live. It started off to be some sort of hybrid between the Red and Grey Squirrels. They just dont seem to have as big of ears as the one in your picture.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That beautiful pendant made he trash dredging all worth while! Sub 8-)

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the bling! Are you sure that is a squirrel? We must not have that type around here, it looks just like a fat rat to me.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the bling! Are you sure that is a squirrel? We must not have that type around here, it looks just like a fat rat to me.

When I first spotted it I was puzzled as to what it was. It was kinda' bobbing around weird like. I imagine it is a "hybrid" cross off a few different types of squirrels. Either that or something that escaped from the DUMB in Dulce, New Mexico!:o:o:o

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I first spotted it I was puzzled as to what it was. It was kinda' bobbing around weird like. I imagine it is a "hybrid" cross off a few different types of squirrels. Either that or something that escaped from the DUMB in Dulce, New Mexico!:o:o:o

UFO - Unidentified Foraging Omnivore :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread