Real men buy iron, or have a hernia.... one or the other.

steif

Mar 2, 2007
All you guys and your silver and glassware... real men get hernias while buying iron like this.. 100_4292.jpg 100_4294.jpg
of course i'm kidding, I buy all the silver and good glass i can find, but these were a great deal and I got them yesterday, and already sold 4 of them for garden art kinda thing. the smallest is about 24 inches tall and the largest is about 48 inches tall, most were still on the axles. I take them apart and sell singles for about 40-50 bucks each.
i love old iron stuff...

frankendime

Mar 8, 2012
Middle Tn
Primary Interest:
Other
Love dealing in this stuff. As long as you don't pay too much...

Attachments

• 100_7528.JPG
    100_7528.JPG
    155.3 KB · Views: 68

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My mother has one of those wheels in her flowerbeds up in Pennsylvania. I've never seen one in Florida but it looks nice along her white picket fence and it's painted black I think. Careful on those hernias my dad just double hernia surgery... He was not too pleasant.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
If there's money in it I'll buy. I was invited to shop an old steam powered saw mill. Really cool place. The steam engine was on one end of the building with a system of wheels on axles powered by belts to move the logs & run the equipment. I picked up 3 of the wheels, some old pulleys & a steam whistle. The wife claimed the wheels for yard art.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I love just about all old iron, especially cast iron.

sent from a potato...

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The smaller sets of wheels and axles used on wooden timber frames that carried old Hit and Miss engines around the early 1900's farm.

Now, go easy on lifting that heavy iron. I've heard, and personally experienced, that you're going hurt "something" if you lift heavy or odd shaped items above "Eye Level".....

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread