Real or fake diamonds ???

dcooper1

Oct 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
New Excalibur II, DFX w 12" Super and stock coil, XLT with stock coil, 14" & 6" coils
I found the remnants of this bracelet yesterday. I got a decent signal and started digging when these clumps of diamonds started coming out of the dirt. Most of them were 4 diamonds attached, and then I started finding the blue stones. After about an hour of removing the dirt and sifting, and resifting, I think I got all of them.

Question is, until I can get to a jeweler (probably not until next week), do you think they could be real. My feeling right now is that they are not. The actual bracelet seems too cheap and the blue stones have some cracks in them. It was found about 4" deep so maybe its just really old and been in the ground for a while.

Is there any other way that I could check the diamonds myself??

The picture of the bracelet is after I put the pieces back how they were probably attached (4diamonds, blue stone, 4 diamonds), I am pretty certain of the order because one set of 4 diamonds had a blue stone still attached.

I also found a nice 22K gold wedding band. On the inside it was dated "05-05-1969".

Attachments

• Bracelet 2.JPG
    Bracelet 2.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 420
  • Finds 042109.JPG
    Finds 042109.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 424
Upvote 0

gunntekk1

Mar 19, 2005
Newport PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200 and ACE 250, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in my opinion as a jeweler they are not real

mlhudson

Mar 19, 2006
GADSDEN, ALA.
Detector(s) used
All White's Detectors MXT and IDX_pro, ANY OLD DETECTOR WILL DO
oh my god, the crown jewels have been found- lol

keepa diggin

ml

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
diamonds are on silver or gold

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dave, the settings are not consistent with high priced stones. See if they scratch glass. Good finds anyway Bud. HH.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey,

I agree with the Jeweler, I also agree with STH69 they very rarely put real diamonds in anything but Gold or Platinum you won't even hardly find any pieces with real stones in even silver. It is a big no no to put real diamonds in anything but or better than gold. It is also a big no no to scratch glass with real diamonds. However very hard you can still, scratch, chip, or scrape. The points of the diamonds by scratching it on glass. As far as yours go not real sorry.

Keep @ it and HH!!

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
No doubt glass.... not set in gold or silver or platinum.

However, this could've been at one time a very nice piece of costume jewelry that, in decent shape today, could be worht some money. Unfortunately, this one has not held up well.

Regardless, it's a very cool find! Congrats! Maybe the next one will be the real deal!

Dirty WhiteBoy

Apr 21, 2009
Seminole, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX fine jewelery extraction device
I love the gold band! Congrats! That bracelet is the kind of thing that gets your heart pumping when you see it come out of the ground! It makes you want to get the real one! :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions