• DSC_0037.JPG
    DSC_0037.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 121
Upvote 0

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Found in the '60's? And he's claiming he found them? Did he have a story to go with them? The obvious answer is that they're not old. What are they made out of? They're not flaked, I'm assuming they're ground. Looking at the grinding marks probably will show signs of mechanized grinding. Weird......

OP
OP
FunWithTreasure

FunWithTreasure

Oct 12, 2008
There isn't any flaking. They are made of some type of stone. He suposibly found them in Arizona when he lived there. The cases they where in where from the 70s I have examined them closely I can't find any machine marks the white one has dirt in between the ridges I think they r fakes but I don't know. I have found hundreds of artifacts but haven't ever found anything like these but I'm not from Arizona so I'm not sure. I would have to say they where made with traditional tools though. Like grinded with a stone.

Last edited:

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
I suppose I know so little about this subject I probably never should have replied in the first place. Old or modern, I have seen anything like this before.

scepter1

May 17, 2011
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Those are really cool, but I too don't think that they are authentic. But what if they are, then WOW. I would send one off to be authenticated (if one is fake, the other likely is too) just in case, rather than rely on our opinions.

Rich.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't waste your money sending them to be authenticated. They are both modern reproductions and not real artifacts.

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
They are real fakes. There were a ton of those being made out in AZ & MX as early as the 30's and being sold to tourists. Nowadays, some of these are being ground out overseas and sold here in the States. There's one fellow at the Wanenmachers (HUGE!) gun show in Tulsa that always has a buttload of these for sale with other foreign-made knockoffs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread