Real Treasure in Dallas Texas.

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
I was on my way home from a fishing and family weekend at my parents place outside of Tyler, TX. All of the sudden, traffic in 635 started swerving. I saw a car on its side. I did not think, I just pulled over, and started running. When I got to the car, there were five other men there. We got the lady out of the car, and stabilized her spine. She had a very serious scalp laceration. We moved her to the side of the road, and someone brought something to put under her neck.

I held her there, with a towel on the wound, and I talked to her and got her to keep talking. Someone was talking to the 911 operator as I talked to her. Someone gave me a bottle of water to wash her blood off of my hands and arms, and people stayed until the police arrived, even if they were not helping.

As the paramedics and the police got there, I looked up. I saw white faces, black, hispanic, and asians. I saw people of all ages, all concerned for this one lady laying on the side of a busy highway.

This is what I went to Iraq for. We may all disagree on every subject, come from very different backgrounds, but when one of our own is hurt, we drop everything and help.

That is treasure.

I am not posting this here to get praise. I just want everyone to think the next time they see someone stranded on the side of the road. Dont stop to judge them on what they look like, or anything else. Just help them. That is how we are going to get through everything.

OP
OP
Libralabsoldier

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Just put yourself in that same position if the chance comes. Even if it is just giving someone a lift or five bucks for gas. I have been too cynical for too long. It is time to put that to bed.

Alchemy

Nov 30, 2006
Beautiful Burnett county, WI
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, thanks for sharing and BIG HUGS to you!

I have been too cynical for too long.

Yeah, I always think I am too. I say how I don't like people, can't trust no one, I feel like I'm cynical...but, when the sh** hits the fan, I will always be there for people.
I suspect you are the very same way. It's just a tough exterior, with a big 'ole heart for all people!

You do deserves kudo's, for this and for serving in Iraq!

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful story. Wish we'd here more of them in the newspaper and on the evening news. There are good, kind people everywhere. My car's battery died today in the parking lot after my son's soccer game. Three separate strangers went out of their way to make sure I got a jump start.

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & Quick Draw II
Great work by all involved. It's nice to see people still getting involved and not just stopping to take a picture of the scene.

Grip

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, and I would've (and have done) nearly the same thing. I always seem to be the first to come across situations like that.
Thanks for being a caring person... definitely hope more people in this country will have that mindset.

Bran <><

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread