Reality of A Virgin Site

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple of days ago, DeepseekerADS and I went to hunt a Virgin {to Us} site at a large swimming area. We water hunted the site last fall but had never hunted the large grassy area next to the swimming area. We knew that there had to be gold waiting. We found out that the area had large trees that people sat under until a couple of years ago when they were cut down and the whole area had been regraded and seeded in grass. I picked out where I thought the Gold was waiting and started a pass. The targets were so close that I was actually crawling from target to target. After about 50 feet of my first pass, we decided to hit the tot lot and swings sets and then come back to this target full site. At that point, I had 38 pull tabs, one nickel and two pennies. The tot lot yielded a kids junk ring and a few more pennies and the swingset/ monkey bars gave up some more clad. We went back to the Virgin site and started harvesting more pull tabs. We were there about two and a half hours and I came out with the junk ring and $1.12 in clad. Some of the trash in the pictures was from DeepseekerADS but most was mine. 105 pulltabs!!!!! WE covered less than 5% of the grassy area. I KNOW THERE IS GOLD THERE!!! It will stay there a little longer. Wore ME Out! My last water hunt there, I got a large 10 kt wedding band and 54 pulltabs in the water. This is the reality of metal detecting. I love it! This site has been a swimming hole since the 1960s and took a meeting of the Board of the park to get permission. They could not remember anyone detecting it.

Attachments

• IMG_1625.JPG
    IMG_1625.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 176
  • IMG_1626.JPG
    IMG_1626.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 130
  • IMG_1627.JPG
    IMG_1627.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 122
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions