Reality?

OP
OP
B

bodi

Aug 15, 2013
The rock face high on a ridge looks directly down upon the mine.
ForumRunner_20140313_160555.png

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'd morning Bodie, coffee? Actually no, that is not Tayopa, but I do love your picture. You asked for the coord., k -->

Geodesic = 28* 00' 26 1560" N 108* 56' 578602" W.

Actually this is of the adjoining property that I have. However it will put you within perhaps 300 meters to the East of Tayopa itself.

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
B

bodi

Aug 15, 2013
Well Senior,
I'm not a fan of coffee, so I apologize! I will stick with my theory, however like I said, since I personally have not opened up any mines or found any gold, I will not disagree with you. One thing I have discovered is that theories on all of this: is like the saying goes- everyone has one!
I have read a ton of posts on here, and have learned a lot from your posts as well as Oro's and Gollums. If you are correct than I wish you the best of luck, and enjoy the discovery.
I have a theory that incorporates so many different legends and stories, that if proven will; as Scott Wood (archeologist for Tonto National Forest) once said will rewrite history.
It has been an amazing year, I have over 500 pictures of this site, and have been out there over 40 different times.
If you truly have discovered Tayopa I would think that you would have something that keeps you believing. If you have discovered the Guadalupe mine than do you have a pic of the carving above the entrance? Or the remedios mine, or LA conception mine- all of which are said to be engraved with the name above the entrance. Something that keeps you going besides a theory.
So far I have ran into some serious scam artists on this site that either want money, or my personal information, which I believe would be used for illegal purposes. So please forgive me if I am skeptical.
I will not share my search location, because of the dangers involved, and the magnitude of my theory. That is why I started this thread- what would happen if you, me, or someone else actually discovered Tayopa and presented it to the world.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'd afternoon Bodie, You posted -->hat would happen if you, me, or someone else actually discovered Tayopa and presented it to the world.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nothing my friend, I have posted it over 10 years ago. World still remains the same. While los Remedioa remains closed, La Santo Nino is open, I have posted pictures.

May I ask, now that you have discovered it, what will you do with it?

Don Jose de La Mancha

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Don Jose' poses a great question - if you find such a thing as a lost mine, what do you do with it?

Old mines, however famous, have almost no historic value; a lost settlement and mission church however would be of interest to the archaeologists and historians. In fact if you should discover an old mine, famous or not, there are groups trying to get all old mines SEALED with concrete forever, so that no one can ever be hurt in them, (nor any production of precious metals BTW) and there are groups trying to keep them OPEN, but fence out all HUMAN visitors, for BAT HABITAT! If you think I am making this up, just do a Google search. But if you have found the ruins of a lost village and church, it is quite probable that local and state Historical Societies will be interested in it, as well as archaeologists and historians.

I too am interested in hearing your plans amigo Bodi, thank you in advance. :thumbsup:
Oroblanco

OP
OP
B

bodi

Aug 15, 2013
Oro,
I agree with you, if the dutchmans mine is just a mine. I think, even if I could get it documented in some way, it would be a gee whiz kind of thing. However, if it is ruins, and church treasure, than it would obviously be a bit more substantial.

My plan is to document every inch of the site, and every clue I can find, get exact GPS coordinates, and find a really good attorney!!

Actually, I already have an attorney that specializes in mining and history. I also have a ghost writer that will help me piece all of my information together and turn it into a book. Then I will use that as my proof for a treasure trove permit. Then, with my attorney, I will negotiate a settlement with the government. And finally, publish a book.
So my original question remains: what would the fall out be if "someone" proved that the Jesuits mined, had a vast amount of treasure, and very cleverly disguised it, and enslaved the Indians? And have lied about it ever since.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'd morning Bodi: you asked -->So my original question remains: what would the fall out be if "someone" proved that the Jesuits mined, had a vast amount of treasure, and very cleverly disguised it, and enslaved the Indians? And have lied about it ever since
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Absolutely nothing, just as right now. they will merely smugly deny it, with half truths.

You posted--> So please forgive me if I am skeptical.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I most certainly would 'not', if you were not scpetical.

Don Jose de La Mancha.

p.s hmm interesting idea, ghost writer - Oro has proven himself as a writer - the Tayopa story needs to be told - Don Jose has been in Mexico too long and believes that there is always a tomorrow --ORO has nothng to do except play with his sheep, build his house and earn a living so since he is not too occupied ??????

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bodi

Aug 15, 2013
So what do you think would happen if you held up a gold cross on cnn?

OP
OP
B

bodi

Aug 15, 2013
You don't think that the Indians would be interested in finding the treasure of the opatas?

This map shows the Opato mine, LA conception, Guadalupe, and the pass of Janos- all within the same proximity.

ForumRunner_20140323_091838.png

OP
OP
B

bodi

Aug 15, 2013
Interesting that the Jesuit made map coincides with the Tomocuccori map, and has some of the same names as the Tayopa map.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi bodi

I believe this map hasn't any relation with the Tumacacuri ( sister Molina ) map . I can't see the Opata name on your map , only Opinto , which maybe is a name of a mission or village . You have read wrong the name Pass of Janos . In the map is written " Forte Janos " and separately and little lower " el Passo ". Maybe in Spanish would be correct " Passo del Janos " .
I believe in this map are not mentioned names of mines . The Spanish and the Jesuits had used the names " La Conception " and " Guadalupe " for some different villages/missions in the New World .
The Opatas mine and the other which is mentioned in the Tumacacuri map , are with approximation in the red circle .

. ForumRunner_20140323_091838.png

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love old maps, gracias my friend. As for it's usefulness---????? It stops short of the Tayopa zone and the others are out of perspective. As a matter of fact , it does not show the two original Tayopas - Guaynopa, Guaynopita.

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
B

bodi

Aug 15, 2013
Markmar,
If you go down and to the left of your circle you will see LA conception, then move to the right and you will see Magdalena, then continue to the right and you will see Opato, Janos el pas so, then Guadalupe.
If I was at home I could circle them for you, which I can later tonight.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bodi

You are right . Is written Opato , but IMO is not the Opatas mine . You believe how in this map are written the Jesuits mines ? The Tumacacuri map shows only about 5x5 miles of terrain .

OP
OP
B

bodi

Aug 15, 2013
bodi

You are right . Is written Opato , but IMO is not the Opatas mine . You believe how in this map are written the Jesuits mines ? The Tumacacuri map shows only about 5x5 miles of terrain .

Markmar,
Is it coincidence that all three of those names line up, just like on the right side of the Molina map? And that Casa Grande is listed in the same proximity as the Guadalupe mine?
IMHO the map is similar to the "Per Alta" map, which has instructions on how to use the map. " Go past the base of el sombrero, to a tributary canyon that goes up and to the east. Then go south until the horizon matches the outline on the map."
From a certain vantage point, you have to hold the map out in front of you and look through it.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'd evening, coffee?? You will notice that the map is tendng to orient itself as all early Spnish explorers did, with the Water courses and mt ranges. That is precisely how they prospected, looked for mines, and explored. Water was critical. They were quite practical and logical in their day.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm - Don Jose - have you had a change-of-gender op?? *grinz*
Anyways - a nice one of El Tigre ;-)

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmmm, two less cuppas of Coffee this morning. :coffee2: XX :coffee2::coffee2::coffee2: !

While I love our gals here, I am not sure that I would like to go through what they have to'. So let's keep our biological factors as they are - ya bums.

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. That is a slightly incorrect (vert. elongated) picture of my child bride, only she was 22 then. sigh, still have her, or rather more correctly, she still keeps me.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions