Really Bad News for my CRHing

Kamyu

Oct 25, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Really Bad News for my CRH'ing

Hey all,

So today I went to get some coins. Went into my usual bank to pick up some. And was told they couldn't sell me any more for the summer. Apparently business is picking up hardcore in the area and they don't have any boxes to spare and that they need to keep enough on hand for that. Considering it's only one of two banks in that town and its the biggest of the two, I believe them.

The sad part is was this bank was amazing for dime finds. In the last 5 months, I've only found maybe 4 or 5 boxes that were skunks. Every other box had at least 1 in it. And that's doing 2 to 3 boxes a week.

So they said they look forward to seeing me in the fall. :(

Guess I'll have to find another bank for the summer then. Now I worry about 2012's. >.< The usual bank I got specific style boxes because I knew they always had circulated in them and always yielded.

Upvote 0

CWS

Jul 5, 2012
MA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear you got cut-off. But at least it's not a permanent one. Those are far worse, and the summer is already flying by.

projJakarta

Jan 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Why don't you re-roll dumps and exchange for the new batch the next day? I would bring this option on the table. That way, they will have supplies at all time.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i think you should "help" them out by supplying them some coin for over the summer since they have a high demand for coins ;)
not meant to be a bad thing, but simply "helping out" the bank... they may actually like that,
hh
buff

CWS

Jul 5, 2012
MA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are all good suggestions, but I think the easiest thing would be just to look for another bank to hold you over until Fall. I know it can be tough to stop going to a good source bank, but would you rather be cut off completely?

By looking for other banks/branches you may actually find another really great source bank.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
i think you should "help" them out by supplying them some coin for over the summer since they have a high demand for coins ;)
not meant to be a bad thing, but simply "helping out" the bank... they may actually like that,
hh
buff

I would agree. They would probably like it, unless this is an excuse not to order.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I may be wrong, but it sounds as if you are walking in and asking for boxes from their inventory. Most banks will offer to order boxes for you. You don't have to take the entire box at once and you won't deplete their stock. Just a suggestion.

OP
OP
Kamyu

Kamyu

Oct 25, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I've gone the ordering route with them before. I came in every week for 2 to 3 boxes. So I told them to order me boxes for each week. From what I was told, basically they are seeing too much demand atm and my weekly order has become part of their normal order.

I'm not overly fussed. My finds were tapering off a bit. I'll start hitting them back up again around Oct which should get me the pre chrismas cash in. I have another source bank which not as good, has yielded silver in the past. Sadly it's a Brinks bank and I will have to risk possible 2012's. My normal bank I get coin from had the boxes with holes in the top where I could see if it's circulated. I'm fairly confident those boxes were rolled machine bags with how consistent they were. Especially when I got a half box once which had 100 coins with the same mark on them.

I don't want to go to a different branch because I use their other branch in the next city over (6 min drive), to dump at. Not to mention I'm pretty sure their other branch which is smaller has some half culling going on. I was in once and filled the half bag. Person changed out bags and I heard halfs being gone through in the back room when I got to the counter. I'm not overfly fond of that branch either. They had a large dollar coin in the internal reject bin and they wouldn't pull it out for me. >.<

Fortunatally there are like 7 different banks in town so plenty to chose from. Sadly one of them is Chase and they are a pain to deal with around here. Very unfriendly tellers.

Last edited:

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the same happen to me during "tax season." 3 weeks later I walked in to make a deposit into my account and one teller said, "Where have you been? Your order is here." Just keep going back for what ever reason. Perhaps this will play out in your favor.

apush

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try doing half dollars?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread