really need some advice

mreese1849

Apr 6, 2012
Ga
Detector(s) used
Present: Minelab equinox 600
Past: Teknetics eurotek pro, Minelab xterra 705, At pro, Fisher f75 se, Explorer SE PRO, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey everybody, I need some advice on what metal detector to purchase. I use to own a bounty hunter. It was my first detector and had a lot of fun using it, but I returned it because I want something that I can grow into. I am seriously thinking about buying the AT PRO after reading about it and some of the reviews. Is their any other detectors in the same general price range that I might want to consider? I am still new at this and not completely familiar with all that their is out there product wise. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had Whites, Garretts and Tesoros over the years. I didn't particularly care for the Whites, but it did find relics. I was looking for pewter and silver in hunted out camps and at that time the frequency on the White's was too low to get the targets. Had an AT Gold last year and didn't like it at all. It does the high -low tone thing and I couldn't adjust. The machine is ok, I couldn't adjust to it. Finally went with a Tesoro Cibola and it's paid for itself 10 times over in the last 8 weeks. I like it because it only weighs about 2 pounds and I can last a lot longer out in the field before getting exhausted. Never tried a Bounty Hunter.

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a BH, and I'm not too happy with it. Don't get me wrong, it finds things, but only a few inches down, and it doesn't give you a very exact location. I'm thinking about buying a White's Coinmaster Pro more towards summer.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi mreese
Where do you live....what do you hunt for.... gold,relics,coins,beach,in the water? when you buy a metal detector you have to ask yourself what am i hunting for .....and the ground where you live do i need a machine that has auto ground balance or manual ground balance...beep and dig ? or metered machine?
If you want to be happy with a detector and not keep trading... what ever you get, learn what the detector is telling you .
There are a lot of great machines out now but i think the Teknetics have an edge
Gary

OP
OP
mreese1849

mreese1849

Apr 6, 2012
Ga
Detector(s) used
Past: Teknetics eurotek pro, Minelab xterra 705, At pro, Fisher f75 se, Explorer SE PRO, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in georgia and have and old civil war camp less than a mile away. The thing is they built houses right on top of it and made a teenie tiny park in remembrance of it. I am really interested in finding old coins or anything historical. I also have a railroad track in the woods in front of my house that was being built in the 1820's but the union destroyed the warehouse and the company went bankrupt and stopped the tracks. I found what I believed was what use to be an old home or something in a cleared out spot around the tracks. No visual evidence above ground but I was finding old nails and pieces of old glassware and I believe even an old door hinge. Didnt get to hunt much before I got rid of the bounty hunter. I got short on cash, but im ready for my new one lol

S

swingbeepdig

Atpro is amazing for that type of hunt.

Etrac loves deep silver..

Your budget. .

OP
OP
mreese1849

mreese1849

Apr 6, 2012
Ga
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok yeah that's the one I was leaning towards. I don't need anything too fancy as long as the machine can get the job done lol

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been thinking of getting an AT Pro. I also have a bounty hunter quick draw 2, they are nice for beginners but it doesn't get depth unless you hit a huge signal. I once dug 9 inches down for an older hog pan for pigs, I still use the pan for my animals food.

OP
OP
mreese1849

mreese1849

Apr 6, 2012
Ga
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah I liked the bounty hunter I had. It was fun to use, but I just felt like I would need something better in the future. Thats why im going to get the garrett because everyone says you grow into it not out of it. Im really excited about hitting some of those spots I hit with the bounty hunter.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you plan on digging everything and all depths, you might consider a PI machine. They go real deep but no discrimination or depth meter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread