Reasonable?

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Subject: HR 615

On Tuesday, the Senate health committee voted 12-11 in favor of a two-page amendment, courtesy of Republican Tom Coburn which would require all Members of Congress and their staff members to enroll in any new government-run health plan.

Congressman John Fleming has proposed an amendment that would require Congressmen and Senators to take the same health care plan that they would force on us. (Under proposed legislation they are exempt.)

Congressman Fleming is encouraging people to go to his Website and sign his petition. The process is very simple. I have done just that at:
http://fleming.house.gov/index.html ...
Senator Coburn and Congressman Fleming are both physicians.
Regardless of your political beliefs, it sure seems reasonable that Congress should have exactly the same medical coverage that they impose on the rest of us.
Please urge as many people as you can to do the same!

S

Smee

Ray S ECenFL said:
If that works, may be we can get them to depend on social security like the rest of the country. Now that would be sometihing.......

Ray S

Be careful . . . with statements like that, Jeff might laugh so hard that he gets confused and stick this post in Comedy Central.

JK :hello:

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
Done and Done, and I mean Done. Thanks Warsaw. You know even if they accept the same health plan as the American people, most are wealthy to the point that they can outright buy health care or any plan they wish, which is fine with me, as long as it does not come out of our pockets. The same with SS, that should be their retirement plan provided for them. They can make all the 401K's they want outside of that, as long as it does not come out of the taxpayers pocket.

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
The flu vaccine issues are NOT the governments fault. This particular virus does not grow as fast as predicted in viral culture media. Less virus=less vaccine. For people who turned a blind eye to government transgressions for many years, some of you guys seem awful ready to lay a lot of blame in a short period of time.

Vaccine production is not an exact science, nor is it perfect. However, a lot of the myths and BS that gets spread around the net about vaccines does not help matters much either.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Libralabsoldier said:
The flu vaccine issues are NOT the governments fault. This particular virus does not grow as fast as predicted in viral culture media. Less virus=less vaccine. For people who turned a blind eye to government transgressions for many years, some of you guys seem awful ready to lay a lot of blame in a short period of time.

Vaccine production is not an exact science, nor is it perfect. However, a lot of the myths and BS that gets spread around the net about vaccines does not help matters much either.
:icon_thumright:

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
here's the facts. Congress actually has a two health care plans... the one that is given to them from the 'employment', and another 'protective measure' that calls for medical staff to be on call at all times in case someone in the congress falls ill. In most cases, if someone falls ill, they call up someone on their 'secret number', and someone goes over right away to treat them (so the government official won't be harmed becuase he's 'important'). However, if they get a common cold, they are welcome to go to their 'other' system to get it taken care of.

Fact is, they could have any health care system at all, even if it's garbage... they would still get the best treatment.

the only reason they wouldn't agree to this bill is to make a political statement.

I, for one, do not have insurance. Can't afford it / unemployed. I've even used the words recently, "If I die tomorrow, Oh well. it's been a good life".

Aint that sick thinking? Pardon the pun.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
mikeofaustin said:
here's the facts. Congress actually has a two health care plans... the one that is given to them from the 'employment', and another 'protective measure' that calls for medical staff to be on call at all times in case someone in the congress falls ill. In most cases, if someone falls ill, they call up someone on their 'secret number', and someone goes over right away to treat them (so the government official won't be harmed becuase he's 'important'). However, if they get a common cold, they are welcome to go to their 'other' system to get it taken care of.

Fact is, they could have any health care system at all, even if it's garbage... they would still get the best treatment.

the only reason they wouldn't agree to this bill is to make a political statement.

I, for one, do not have insurance. Can't afford it / unemployed. I've even used the words recently, "If I die tomorrow, Oh well. it's been a good life".

Aint that sick thinking? Pardon the pun.
Where'd you get the info about the Congressional health plans?

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Where'd you get the info about the Congressional health plans?

It was along time ago... but I remember 'it made sense'. Think of it... an 'important person', that's in an important place, there are people on staff just as they have an ambulance and doctors on duty at every super bowl, indy 500, etc...

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
warsawdaddy said:
Regardless of your political beliefs, it sure seems reasonable that Congress should have exactly the same medical coverage that they impose on the rest of us.
Does it ; I disagree.
Surely our Leaders and Chiefs must be afforded the absolute best in life enhancing
and extending health care. Otherwise why have elected leaders.
The country depends on them.

If only one heart were available for ten possible recipients and the President
was one of them , it's obvious to me who should receive it.

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Does it ; I disagree.
Surely our Leaders and Chiefs must be afforded the absolute best in life enhancing
and extending health care. Otherwise why have elected leaders.
The country depends on them.

If only one heart were available for ten possible recipients and the President
was one of them , it's obvious to me who should receive it.

I was we COULD 'Depend on them'.

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Some you can. I talk to my local representatives by phone or email anytime a bill or something that has me confused or angry comes up. Luckily I have a young freshman senator from my district (I say young as he is only five years older than me) that still wants to do what the people who voted for him want, instead of chasing the dragon of staying in office.

I have had several nice exchanges with Senator Cornyn when I lived in Texas. I have emailed and written to Gov. Henry here in Oklahoma. Sometimes if you contact your reps directly, you may be surprised at what you can get done.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread