Recent Finds 3/18

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Hit a couple spots today, one in WV and another in Va., on a hunt club I recently got permission on. The small frame is WV stuff, the rest is from Va. Slim pickings at the hunt club, most of the creeks were full of shale and it made finding black and gray chert mission impossible. Then I came upon a dry creek / ditch with no shale, mostly sandstone and chert. I found two points in it, and a quartzite piece on an eroded hill that overlooks the lake. It was a great day to be out and I took some pics of the area I was hunting. I've got a feeling there was a site/ camp on the flat bluff that overlooks the lake, would have been a creek in the past. The last pic is where I think it is by an old foundation. The owner said I could dig, I think I'm gonna take him up on that. HH

Upvote 0

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics and sweet points. Dont know if you detect or not but that foundation might hold some goodies aswell. :thumbsup: Keep up the good work.

Neogeo

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2009
Austin T.X.
Great pics...wonderful area..Sweet finds as well..
I have so pics of my huntin grounds...should we start a thread?

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
mainer said:
Great pics and sweet points. Dont know if you detect or not but that foundation might hold some goodies aswell. :thumbsup: Keep up the good work.

Thanks, I've come close to getting a detector a couple times but have never pulled the trigger on one. I was thinking the same about that old foundation though.

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Road Dog said:
Great pics and points. Wish I had taken insitu shots all these years.

Me too, I only started doing it seriously last year after discovering tnet and other artifact boards. It's nice to relive the moment you found one. I forgot to grab my camera for this mornings hunt.

Appreciate the comments guys...Neo, sounds like an interesting topic imo.

bsit1361

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2010
md
great finds. Will do for the site pix, i love our spots. Just found a 1890 coin around a foundation.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a well done post and finds. Your country is beautiful and reminds me a lot of Tennessee. Nice bunch of points today as well. The hand hewn limestone wall is sure to have some history buried around it or near. I have several Tesoro relic machines and the metal detecting goes hand in hand with the artifacts. Fun research as well. So many of the site ancient man inhabited were good sites and later settlers saw the same features and settled there also. Pull the trigger on a machine. Tesoro is rugged and has a life time warranty and easy to use.
Great post Thirty7 :hello:
TnMtns

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Thanks guys, I think I will buy an md'er in the near future. Va. is full of history and relics. Doing both is something I'd be interested in. I walked 3 hours and at least 2 miles of creek before finding points at the hunt club. Mostly I was trying to isolate some areas and recon some land. I wonder what 3 hours of detecting around that foundation would have produced? Appreciate the input.

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio
Great finds and hunt.The pics are very killer, with scenery like that I would be happy if i didnt find a thing.I am not a metal detector guy but that foundation and the area around it are probably a little treasure trove.Thx for sharing the pix :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread