HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks,

Sorry I have been away for some time - but rest assured that I have been actively digging as much as I can. Had a busy summer with work and bad luck with weather, but I managed to make some decent finds the past couple of months.

I managed to get in the water a few times this summer and dug a few more artillery shells, US Buckle, bullets, buttons, etc. At one awesome colonial site, I managed to dig a few good early coins (two Spanish silvers, VA Half Penny, Large Cent, token, etc.)

I got out with Bill D a few times in the last few weeks; one of my favorite finds was the early hammered/stamped silver cufflink (Heart with burning crossed arrows). These date to the 1600s and while I loved digging it, the trip put Bill and I out of commission for a couple of weeks due to a massive tick attack.

As of late Bill and I have been working a colonial pit and been digging a few goodies here and there. Looking forward to the cooler temps and more colonial goodies to come our way!

HH

Dan

Attachments

• CL1.jpg
    CL1.jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 127
  • JCC1.jpg
    JCC1.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 112
  • JCC2.jpg
    JCC2.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 116
  • JCC3.jpg
    JCC3.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 129
  • JCC4.jpg
    JCC4.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 116
  • RH1.jpg
    RH1.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 107
  • RF3.jpg
    RF3.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 111
  • RF2.jpg
    RF2.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 117
  • RF1.jpg
    RF1.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 121
  • JCC5.jpg
    JCC5.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 123
  • WH1.jpg
    WH1.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 121
  • WF2.jpg
    WF2.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 138
  • WF1.jpg
    WF1.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 114
  • RH2.jpg
    RH2.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 118
  • WH2.jpg
    WH2.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 121
  • WH3.jpg
    WH3.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 121
Upvote 9
Dan - in spite of the weather issues this summer I'd say you still did quite well, and obviously much better than me since I really didn't get out at all. Now that we're fully recovered from our tick nightmare I'm looking forward to getting into some very early and productive sites later this fall once the crops are harvested. Had a ball digging at our most recent pit, and even though we didn't make that killer find it was still a lot of fun and we do have a few nice artifacts to show for our backbreaking efforts. Will talk to you soon ..... Bill

What a great variety Dan. You have some really great finds and I love the U.S. of course. You are doing something right!

Dan - in spite of the weather issues this summer I'd say you still did quite well, and obviously much better than me since I really didn't get out at all. Now that we're fully recovered from our tick nightmare I'm looking forward to getting into some very early and productive sites later this fall once the crops are harvested. Had a ball digging at our most recent pit, and even though we didn't make that killer find it was still a lot of fun and we do have a few nice artifacts to show for our backbreaking efforts. Will talk to you soon ..... Bill

Always have a good time Bill - it was backbreaking work but I believe that we each found a few items that will be tough to duplicate in the years ahead. Onward to silver! ha ha

Your summer is better than most whole year!! Got yourself some SWEET finds there Dan!! CONGRATS.... HH

Looks like you've been quite busy to me - great saves!

Nice variety this summer Dan, quality across the board. Hope you get into some early sites loaded with spanish silver.
-Evan

Nice pile of relics!

That's two years worth of finds for me Dan! You have to post more frequently - I get relic overload looking at all the stuff :laughing7:

That's quite a haul. Great work.

Some very nice finds there :thumbsup: looks like you have a nice Bullion weight there to, possibly from the reign of James 1st :thumbsup:

SS

Attachments

• JCC1.jpg
    JCC1.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Spectacular finds Dan! I can barely cut my grass during the summer without having heat stroke so I give you a lot of credit for braving the heat.

Some very nice finds there :thumbsup: looks like you have a nice Bullion weight there to, possibly from the reign of James 1st :thumbsup:

SS

Thanks man - yea that is what it is. I actually think I dug 3 or 4 of them from this site. It is the same site where the early silver cufflink came from.

Spectacular finds Dan! I can barely cut my grass during the summer without having heat stroke so I give you a lot of credit for braving the heat.
Joey - I know the feeling. This was the least I have dug over the summer in a long time. I only got in the water a handful of times and out in the woods just a few more. Hopefully I will make up for it this fall and winter.

Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back