Recent finds in May

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Howdy folks, All this rain is really producing some good days in the fields. These pictures are what I've found in the last few trips. I wanted to get some more insitus but with all the rain in the last week figued it was too much of a gamble, oh well more pocket room. I found a couple firsts for me this weekend, two hematite rub stones( probably wouldn't have picked these up if it wasn't for a thread I saw here, thanks guys ), a multi tipped graver, and a unusual hammer with two thumb grooves that fits the hand really well. Any ideas on what type the heartbreaker is? looks and feels paleo to me.

Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man you are tearing the fields up. Nice finds. The last two photos of the large rock.Think it may have been a platform type rock to work on things laying on their knees? Neat artifacts thirty7.
TnMtns

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
appreciate that tn, all this rain is cleaning them up. I wasn't sure what that piece of stone was until I put it in my hand the right way. I think it's a hammer because of the use wear, finger grooves, and a worn spot that fits into the palm. I might be wrong though, never seen one quite like it.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup:
thirty7 said:
appreciate that tn, all this rain is cleaning them up. I wasn't sure what that piece of stone was until I put it in my hand the right way. I think it's a hammer because of the use wear, finger grooves, and a worn spot that fits into the palm. I might be wrong though, never seen one quite like it.
:thumbsup:
Funny how they will fit the hand. Found a pestle the other day but it felt wrong in my hand until I put it in my left hand then it fit,,
Cya
Tnmtns

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread