Recent Finds- my 1st Chinese coin, 1951 dog license, skeleton key barrette,..

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Recent Finds- my 1st Chinese coin, 1951 dog license, skeleton key barrette,..

Here's my recent finds, found my first Chinese coin, a 37 buff (the back is toast), a few wheats 1926-28-41-44-55, 2 Shell coins, zodiac “Leo” token (I thought I had a copper), tiny AAA patrol service pin, a skeleton key hair barrette, 2 dog licenses, a piece of a round brass plaque with the Liberty Bell (?), a PICO Co. bottle from Warren, PA (?), old spoon and fork that says “The Manor” on back and some other stuff.

The police pin is a memorial pin for a police officer kill in the line of duty in 2005 from Newtown, PA. My prayers go out to his family and friends.

I was hoping to have some nice silver in the pic but that didn't happen, so I figured I'd post what I been finding lately to get the “silver slump monkey” off my back, Thanks for looking!

Tom in NJ

Attachments

• April finds 2010.JPG
    April finds 2010.JPG
    172 KB · Views: 655
  • close-up april 2010.JPG
    close-up april 2010.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 665
Upvote 0

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Recent Finds- my 1st Chinese coin, 1951 dog license, skeleton key barrette,..

wow that is some great relic hunting there! :thumbsup: a lot of neat stuff, I love the skeleton key hair clip. congrats on the buff and other sweet relics...good hunting!

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Re: Recent Finds- my 1st Chinese coin, 1951 dog license, skeleton key barrette,..

Those are nice looking finds

HH Jer

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT

those Chinese coins turn up in the odest places... i once found one around a homestead that burnt down 40 yrs ago... neat finds

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field

That skeleton key is awesome! Brass? :thumbsup:

OP
OP
TommNJ

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro

Thank you for the replies and the Chinese coin link ! I thought the skeleton hair barrette is pretty cool too and think it is made of brass. The Chinese coin is a little rough, so I’m afraid to wash it and lose any detail that’s left on it (found on a river bank). I tried taking some close up pics of it. Thanks again.

Tom

Attachments

• skeleton key barrette back.jpg
    skeleton key barrette back.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 373
  • chinese coin frnt.JPG
    chinese coin frnt.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 421
  • back.JPG
    back.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 378

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice array of finds !! I like the barrel tap !! Hope the monkey gets lost :icon_pirat: CMD

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nice finds and sweet Buff :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice assortment of finds i like those skeleton keys ,those utensils look like they might of come from the 1900 Manor Inn in Gloucester Mass . a Queen Ann Victorian Built Restaurant still in use i was there once back in the 80,s looks like someone got some free flatware and lost it :laughing7: .Good hunt Dd60
http://www.themanorinnofgloucester.com/

jb58

May 22, 2009
missouri
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nice finds-a couple of weeks ago i found a chinese coin about like yours in the very back of someones 110 year old house.

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I think the Chinese coin is 1821-61, and I can't make out the mint mark. But, in the shape it's in, it doesn't matter.......
no value. But, a nice find.
Anyone reading this, and you have found a Chinese coin, and need help i.d.ing it, give me an email with a nice pic of the front
and back and I will be glad to tell you what you have. I detect in S. Korea, and find Chinese coins on a regular basis.
Don't be fooled. Most of the holed coins are not worth much. But, there are die varieties, just like in the U.S., and some are
very very nice, money-wise.
Hopefully will be able to help a few of you. hikeinmts

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2

Great assortment of relics, there's a bunch of it I like! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread