2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still no sales here due to cold and snow. Hard to find an auction even. The only way to get my "fix" is to hit the thrift stores or EBay.

image-2011910950.jpg

The pink stone with 2 small diamonds is 10K and I paid $1.99 plus tax. It is marked 10K SPRING.

image-1211148764.jpg

image-2029508575.jpg

image-3583700426.jpg

The red stone mans ring was in a group of jewelry I paid $15.40 which included shipping. It is unmarked but tests 14K min. 18K acid slowly eats away the sample. Large red stone with some tiny flea bites on the edges. Do not know what the crest represents (if anything).

image-3783421724.jpg

Will be taking both of these in to see what the stones are. Both test very good with my diamond tester so I'm hoping they are more than glass. Thanks for looking! And if anyone has any info on the crest please pass along. :)

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! you did good. The crest may be a family Coat of Arms. Looks a little worn and may be hard to figure out what it is??. I wouldn't at all be that concerned of any condition issues on those to nice little finds, as they are worth their weight in gold. Tell us what the jeweler says that red stone is.

shofs

Jun 5, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Sniper Sluice 30"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
2Minnesota

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info! I still haven't gotten in to have them checked but I hope to this week. I'll update what I find out.

OP
OP
2Minnesota

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took them in today. The lady said they looked synthetic but she didn't test them and didn't even look with a loupe but that's what you get for free :). Also, she said they looked like "real gold", which I'm fairly sure they are to. She was nice though. I may take them elsewhere and ask again or I may put them in the deposit box for retirement. Lol. I've heard pawn shops are a good place to take things?

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never walk into a pawn shop unless you want to buy something... test what you want to buy and haggle with the merchant on the price. Walk out of the shop unless you are really happy and are satisfied with the merchandise and price.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread