Recent finds. Silver and other odds and ends

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most of these finds are from this weekend, but the thimble is from last weekend.

Saturday I went back to the house where I have found a few silver dimes. Got a nice signal that was borderline deep enough that it might be silver. I popped the plug and started scraping away the dirt to reveal the silver edge of a coin. I just knew it was going to be my first SLQ. Turned out to be a lowly Washington. I started to just leave it there.:laughing7: Just kidding!!! That is only my 7th quarter in 2 1/2 years of detecting.

Sunday I decided to hit a school that I frequent hoping to add to my clad total and maybe snag a silver ring. I did find a small silver ring which is my first silver jewelry of any kind for the year. :hello2:

Today I went back to the place I found the silver Washington and found a few odds and ends but no silver. Found a Scout neckerchief slide, the inside of a watch, and what might be a thing to hang coats on. The thimble and key spill are from a school hunt last weekend. I'm pretty sure the thimble is aluminum, but it's my first.

I also found this today and posted a thread in the what is it forum. The diameter is the size of a Lincoln cent and its about 1 1/4 inches long. Top is cone shaped and the bottom is slightly concave.

Thanks for looking and happy hunting.

Upvote 8

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds! :occasion14:

P@tch

Apr 9, 2013
mooresville,nc
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer 2, etrac, deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the ring and Washington bladerunner nice group of finds.

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your SLQ - ring and other finds - really don't have a clue to the "what is it" anyway thanks for sharing your pictures and story and I wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishin.

Texas ED

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG BladeR, :thumbsup: silver q's seem to be scarce there. It looks like you pull a silver or 2 every week. They feed the fire of this obsession called metal detecting.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well done Bill.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread