Feb 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
explorer se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
++ edited post

Hello There

Unfortunally I wasen't aware of sensitivity revolving around hunting cemeteries and realized I may have ruffled a lot of feathers by posting this so i had to edit out the pics and details.

...As you can guess, they came from a cemetery. Although completely over grown, neglected, and long since abandoned, its still a cemetery.

So mods if you will, please delete this post.
my apologies,
thanks

1883, 1891 IH's
1854 LC
toasty 1867 2 cent

and cool little relic... circa 1870 brass compass!
"D.L. Smith Magnetic Time Keeper Compass

189xx.jpg

187xx.jpg

184xx.jpg

185xx.jpg

Upvote 0

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: lost cemetery finds

good finds.. i personally would only hunt the outskirts of a place like that.. not to disturb any personal items that could have been left by loved ones at the grave sites.. MR TUFF

tumbleinn2

Apr 24, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
WHITE"S SPECTRA V3i d2 coil 6x10 coil 5.3 coil super 12 surfmaster II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hunting spots like this is bad CARMA. Also the detector & treasure hunting comunity looks down on people that hunt cemetery land. Hunting spots like this is nothing to be proud of. There are many other areas that yeald just as good of finds. If your willing to do the home work. If I were you I would let this place rest in piece.
In some state's if you get cought digging in areas like this you can be arested and charged with the crime of grave digging or excavating with out a death certificate permit its a feloney in most states. Remember how others would feel if they seen you digging and poking around love ones graves.
Be smart and good luck!

NOT GOOD!!

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Some pretty cool finds there, you'll catch some flak from people for hunting a site like that, and the law will frown on it most likely. I've hunted around old country cemeteries in the past, but we always stuck to the paths and the edges, and looked for spots around the place where people would have gathered and parked cars or wagons or just hung out waiting for the services.

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't take it too rough, fender......everybody makes mistakes and apparently you are new at this game (as am I). Do a little reading and research on the "do's and don'ts" of metal locating and you'll be just fine. If it would make you feel better, bag up all the items and toss them back into the cemetery grounds. The rightful ghosts will see that the pieces are returned to their proper places. :o

Best wishes in the future.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions