rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tearing it up still I see. What is the large one in the 1st pic?

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds SC ! Those two in the first photo are interesting to me, and appear to my wishfully semi trained eyes be somewhat atypical to your area? What are your thoughts on the long pointed, sort of triangular piece in that photo, the chipping looks sort of smoothed over, for lack of a better term? Was it found in a creek, or do you think it might have been used as a large awl?
My eyes are also drawn to the darker early archaic point hiding amongst the large quartz points. HH

OP
OP
SCrocks

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks folks- Rock - not quit sure on the type but was thinking like redbeard said. Triangle/woodland period knife/awl. Didn't find any thing else around it but I find some small triangles made of that material (some type solidified shale? maybe) Redbeard that small one is a Palmer and the other in first picture I would call flake knife maybe made from solidified siltstone prehaps. That material shows up in the woodland period some and then the early archiac around here . And yes the larger peice seems a little smoother then I would have expected. Those bigger ones usually don't dodge the plow or dozer. Found it on a hill above creek that was dozed off. Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions